Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1137 results found

1. Allow the creation of CI Jobs against Salesforce orgs that we are delegated to, instead of needing to be owner.

We have 2 admins that we want to be able to create all of the CI and Pipeline Jobs, even if they don't have their own credentials in a particular Salesforce org. They have Deployment delegation, and can run compare and deploys, but not set up integration jobs.

This is then requiring us to either, provision extra licenses in each sandbox for our DevOps administrator, or have the developers create the CI jobs, which they are not comfortable with.

And, as we start the Pipeline Pilot, we would like to leverage all of the existing CI jobs, but, that is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide output from Gearset during the validation in terms of what tests were being run

I had unit testing jobs running ALL tests in source (full sandbox) and target (production) org - resulting in 80% and 79% test coverage. However, when I started to deploy my changes - the validation failed because test coverage was only 74%. Finally, after a few days, I figured it out.

I was just simply clicking "Validate" (i.e., did not choose specific tests). In the past - that ran "all tests". But something seems to have changed. When I picked "choose tests", about half the tests in my org were "automatically selected". I manually selected all other tests - effectively…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add option to make picklist fields non-restricted before performing a data deployment

Similar to being able to disable validation before performing a data deployment it would be very useful if there was an option to automatically uncheck the "Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set" option for some or all of the picklist fields in a deployment.

We have data that includes picklist values that are no longer active this causes errors on individual records as part of the load. Currently I have to pick through all the errors manually then uncheck the option for the corresponding picklists fields on the target org. Then after performing the deployment I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to mark certain branches as your favorite branch so you can pick them quickly

When selecting a branch from source control, it would be great if Gearset had an ability to mark certain branches as favorites so they appear the top of branch selection dropdown.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sfdx repo deployment should be in subcomponents

Context: Compare and Deploy from Org to a Repo.

as i understand it, even if my repo is in SFDX format (Object subcomponents), Gearset still does the compare in the metadata format.
    it reads the components from sfdx, combines into a .object form, and then applies the changes to the .object file and then decomposes again.

this is causing unintentional changes to be part of our PR

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance Metadata Filter Type Recognition

Our team has struggled learning the Metadata API names of metadata types when compared to what items are called in change sets. One example would be to highlight Weblink when a user searches for Button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to create customized list views on the deployment history tab

It would be immensely helpful for our team, that works across dozens of production orgs and sandboxes, to be able to create deployment history filters (or list views like in Salesforce) that support filtering based on an org's mydomain, the username's domain, or the Gearset user that facilitated the deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filters

Edit "Existing Saved Filters" on an "Existing CI Job"

If using a saved filter on CI job, there is no easy to update an existing saved filter from the CI job directly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filters

Edit "Existing Saved Filters" on an "Existing CI Job"

If using a saved filter on CI job, there is no easy to update an existing saved filter from the CI job directly.

Here is my current workflow:

Start a new compare and edit / save the filter from there, then going back to the CI job, refreshing filters and reselected the saved filtered.

If multiple CI jobs are setup it's easy to miss some jobs which are dependent on updated filter.

Alternative solution - Provide toggle to update all related CI jobs which use the filter.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offer the ability to set the ignorewarnings flag on an individual "Compare and Deploy" basis.

Would like to see the ability to set the IgnoreWarnings as an override for an individual Compare and deploy, in addition to at the global level. Occasionally, we will do a community deploy, for example, that returns a warning about a page that includes a Dashboard component, with the warning that the Dashboard ID or the Filter ID might not exist in the target environment. Once we see those errors in the validation results, it would be convenient to rerun the deploy, and ignore those warnings. Possibly similar to how the Test execution options are set on the Deploy button…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CI Job Email Notification with PR info

We do receive an email notification when CI job is deployed. Is it possible to know which PR is deployed with that CI Job? Now, the email notification only has the info with branch name, source, target and deployment summary. it'll be great if we can know the PR name that is associated with this CI job, some users, like QA team, will receive emails and know the PR with card info is deployed so they are ready to test. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Data backup history log export

I would like to have the option to export a data backup history log for a specific period of time. E.g. for the last 60 days export in CSV or xls format following data:
    Started, Last updated, Status, Duration, Changed, New, Deleted.

For internal and external audits we are required to provide a list of backup jobs run in specific periods with details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move Failed Tests before Passed Tests when deployment Fails

Hi,

I would love to see the Failed tests to be listed above the Passed tests in case deployment fails.

Right now User has to always scroll down at the list (as you are usually not interested on what has Passed rather what Failed).

Also this shouold be super simple to implement :)

Thank you & keep up the good work,
    Cheers,
    O.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Gearset Scratch Orgs: Generate Passwords

Our team would like an enhancement to how Gearset handles generating scratch orgs from authorized Dev Hubs. We want to be able to provide log-in credentials to non-gearset users in order for them to use these scratch orgs and perform development work.

We want our deployment manager (gearset user) to manage the provisioning of scratch orgs and the retrieval of changes in these orgs to source control. Our developers currently just focus on developing features and are abstracted from the complexities of the deployment process.

To make this process a lot simpler for our deployment managers, it would great to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Granular "difference types to deploy" on a metadata level

In the CI job, we would like to have the ability to specify on a metadata level if we want to deploy new items, update items and delete items. There are examples of metadata where we always want to delete and others where we don't want to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add deployment job detail info (such as date/time) at the header in the detail view

I have a markup screenshot for the above feedback but I don't find a way to add attachment here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to deploy ObjectTerritory2Association object

The ObjectTerritory2Association object does not get populated in the target org for accounts that are manually assigned to territories. This object is used by Territory Management 2.0 and holds the association between accounts and territories. After the deployment, I can see that this bridge object did get populated with the territory linkage for accounts that are automatically assigned to territories. This is expected because an insert of a new account with proper firmographic information will result in the account getting tagged to the correct territory (i.e. if the Account’s “Exclude From Territory” flag is not set to True).
    However, there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter Deployment History by Source / Destination

At this time, there does not appear to filter deployment history by specific orgs AND other criteria in the general "filter" text box. I would like to find specific packages deployed to a specific org and also that have a standard friendly name. I am only able to enter text to filter by the friendly name and the additional filters allow for source / destination type, but it does not allow for specific source / destination.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add additional deployed packages

When combining packages for a deployment to a new source, it would be helpful if I could add additional packages to a comparison. There are times when I realize a package or two may have been missed in the original combination, and when reviewing the missing components, I realize a missed another deployed package. Without the ability to add additional packages to the comparison, I must start the combination of packages all over again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Select All Option in Deployment history

It would be nice if we have the select all option in the deployment history to select multiple packages to combine in one go and deploy as one package into target.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base