Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1137 results found

1. Add tool to send emails after deploying to specific targets

A project manager on my team expressed desire to receive reports when someone deploys to our production org. I would appreciate a tool that sends these emails only upon successful deployment to that specific org so that recipient's inbox is not flooded with every successful and failed deployment to every org.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Record/file level filters for Backup jobs

Allow Backup job filters to be configured for specific records/files rather than entire objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Offer option to auto-limit items in clone comparison

When a deployment is completed, you have an option to clone that package. For many of my deployments, I want to push a package to source control, and then on to production. The second comparison could be limited to just the items in the cloned package. Would be great to have an option to limit second comparison to only the meta-data items in the clone. Would allow subsequent comparisons to run much more quickly, if the user is confident that the package has everything needed for that specific deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. API to export backup to S3 for data warehousing/datalake

A lot of time we would like to have data out of SF not just for backup purposes but for data analytical purposes as well. Ownbackup currently has this functionality via APIs.

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/12146739/TzJuAxgY#0f1fc918-7616-4b58-8d52-0e8370f57d9b

https://ownbackup-kb.magentrixcloud.com/articles/knowledgebase/Using-the-OwnBackup-API-5-6-2020

If gearset has this, it would help us move to GS for all our SF problesms

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to ignore package namespaces differences in Apex classes

Our Apex Classes reference multiple managed packages that are updated automatically in our sandbox/production environments. This causes many classes to get picked up unnecessarily in our comparisons/CI deployments between source control (where the managed packages are not committed) and org.

Unlike https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/43917792-add-an-option-to-ignore-package-version-difference this is specifically for different package namespaces between the source and target.

In this example the source has one namespace and the target has 2 package namespaces.

It would be very useful to be able to choose to ignore all package differences in comparisons and CI jobs as a team-wide setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Apply certain PA outputs back to the comparison as a "quick fix"

The main example where I have wished for this pretty strongly is the "missing permissions" PA. This is the one that warns "not all permissions are included in the deployment". It would be useful to be able to go from that PA to a view where one could either add all the missing permissions in one go, or do so selectively by profile or permission set. Right now one has to screen scrape the output, paste it into a text file, go back into the comparison and laboriously hunt through the comparison to find the missing nodes, then add them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Meta Comparison Filter Based on User and/or Timeframe

It would be great if there was a way to create a metadata comparison filter, and not just filter with regard to metadata types, but also filter by which user made the change, or the timeframe when the change was made? For instance, it'd be great if I could create a filter based on changes I made within the past 30 days, or a specific timeframe. Filtering by metadata types takes very long for large orgs, even if I reduce the metadata types down to 1 or 2.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create new branch using type-forward / auto-complete from JIRA (or other supported tool)

It would be great if you have JIRA connected, to make it easier to create your branch. So basically type-forward (-ish) functionality to identify a JIRA ticket and take the issue ID and description as branch name.

Say your JIRA ticket is ISSUE-1234 Implement this awesome feature.

The default branch name would be issue-1234-implement-this-awesome-feature.

(Where it reads JIRA could be Azure or any other support tool of course).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the size of the 'Create new branch from...' modal.

When creating a new branch from the 'Create new branch from...' model, it's hard because of the small size of the modal/dialog. Just sizing the modal/dialog larger would make it easier to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent Accidental Backing Out of Deployment components when Deploying Multiple Packages

Sometimes I have multiple packages that have been validated, that I am looking to deploy. If they happen to overlap components, then deploying in the wrong order could back out a change made by the earlier deployment.
    From this I came up with two ideas that could help:

1) The ability to select multiple validated packages or draft deployments, and click a button that will tell me if they have overlapping components. That will let me know if I have anything to worry about; if they overlap then maybe I should combine them into one package.

2) The ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make "Hide Reodering" global switch

Please add a feature to have globally selected "Hide Reordering" and also hide those files that have no changes after reordering from Changed Items?

Clicking that on every file to see that there are no real differences is time consuming and slow down the comparison process.

Scenario:
    1. I am comparing two sandboxes develop with my private sandbox to align with changes made on develop.
    2. I have comparison with many Global Value Sets, Custom fields which are Picklists, flows etc.
    3. Most of them are not changed but are listed as changes. I need to click on each metadata…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Production/Sandbox Backup job color

The backup job color (or a colored tag) should be introduced so you can clearly see which backup job is for Production and which is for a Sandbox.

At the moment they all look the same and you have to make sure you are clicking on the correct one, only by looking at the username to understand if it is a Production org or not.

This is confusing and risky

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restrict visibility for monitoring jobs

I would like to be able to monitor daily changes made without those monitoring jobs being visible to the entire team. We have some super motivated people as well as the other end of that spectrum. I would like to have some data to visualize daily without the entire team seeing what I am doing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic Validation of Pull request for AWS code commit

Gearset does not support PR validation for AWS code commit. We are cloud-native and use AWS extensively, thus missing out on most important feature of gearset. If you can support it it will be amazing and lifesaver for us.

https://gearset.com/blog/set-up-automatic-validations-of-pull-requests/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CI Deployment on a Schedule

We would love to schedule a deployment from GitHub source to a few sandboxes at the end of each 2-week sprint.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow retention policies to be set on individual core objects

It would be useful to be able to set individual retention policies on core objects, rather than on the entire backup job. This is for an old org (c.10 years), ideally you'd be able to set differing retention policies on different objects; e.g accounts after 7 years but contacts after 5 years.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow masking of State and Country to recognize API values

If the State and Country lists have been updated so the API values are set to ISO country codes the Masking of those fields during a data deployment does not work.
    Data Load errors: '"FIELDINTEGRITYEXCEPTION:There's a problem with this country, even though it may appear correct. Please select a country/territory from the list of valid countries.: Billing Country:BillingCountry --"'

Disabling masking works around the issue.
    It would be great if the application could check the State/Country list and utilize the API values for masking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Store List of Objects Downloaded in Data Download History

Given that the actual download files for Data Download expire after a short amount of time (which is completely logical), it would be beneficial to be able to know what objects were included in the data downloaded, and potentially any filters used.

The main reason behind this is from a security stand point, if an employee with access were to go rouge and decide to download sensitive data to sell/take with them, there is no way of telling what kind of data they may have if you were to miss the window of the backup being available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the capability to deploy to multiple Salesforce organizations within one deployment

Currently you can only push to 1 Salesforce org, however, we manage multiple organizations and would like the capability to push the same package to multiple organizations

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notification of unresolved CI job failure

As the owner of the CI job pipeline, I would like notifications when there are ongoing failures to the CI jobs that I select so that I do not have to continually monitor the jobs as a part of my day-to-day.

Acceptance criteria:

1. The current-state suite of notifications on CI jobs will still be available.
    2. When a CI job has failed and the failure has not been cleared within X number of hours, the notification will be triggered.
    3. Each CI job should have blocker notifications enabled separately.
    4. Users will be able to select from SMS, email or both.
    5. Users will…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base