Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. add files to a gitignore during Suggested Fixes

When I make a comparison, Gearset will helpfully check the deployment and offer suggestioned fixes, such as... exclude object components belong to managed packages. now, i can agree to that solution and exclude those files, the problem is they persist every time i make a comparison, they always show up as changes. Would it make sense to be able to add them to a list of ignored changes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Combine validated packages

Hi Team,

Please add checkbox for validated package as same as deployed ones. that way I can combine package even for validated one's and deploy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to merge the pull request from inside gearset. It gives me option to stay in one tool and carry out all my opertions.

In Gearset we have option to raise the pull request but we cant approve merge them inside gearset. There should be a checkbox which if checked should go and merge that pull request. That will allow the user to stay in one screen/one tool i.e. gearset. If someone wants to keep its approval processes in bitbucket then checkbox will allow them to only raise pull request and not auto merge/approve.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Exclude the subcomponents of the parent Workflow metadata and also exclude list views from custom objects

I want to exclude outbound messages from workflows as we will have different urls in different sandboxes. Same with list views we want to exclude them from custom objects so that we can use CI using gearset for deployments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to choose CI validation run behavior with Open Pull Requests and Branch updates

Currently, if you have a CI job set up to validate based on events (push, pull request) on a specific branch the following occurs:

You open a pull request against the specific branch noted in the job - CI validation runs
    You push a commit to the source branch of the same open PR - CI validation runs
    You push a commit to the target branch of the same open PR - no validation runs

In the conversation with Dan on 8/13/2020, I was told this is by design on Gearset's end (to ignore that situation) to avoid long queued…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show associated JIRA ticket in Validated Packages & Deployment History and Export

We would like to view the associated JIRA in both the Validated Packages and Deployed History pages. In addition, we would like to export the associated JIRA tickets in the Export History Excel report, found in the Deployment History page.

We link our Jira stories to our Production deployments and we would need a way to report on which ticket is linked to which deployment. Currently this is only available if users are diligent enough to also write the story number in the Friendly Name or Notes.

This would be an extremely useful feature especially for companies undergoing SOX Compliance…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Only show JIRA tickets with specific statuses

We would like to the ability to only display JIRA tickets with specific statuses (e.g. Approved, In Progress).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OAuth support for outgoing webhooks

Currently outgoing webhooks support only basic authentication. It'd be useful to have oAuth support for outgoing webhooks for enhanced security.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deploy Einstein Datasets from one org to the other

Copying of Salesforce objects with relations is a great feature. But this does not support Einstein datasets to be copied from one org to the other. It is critical for teams to have Einstein dataset in the lower orgs for development and testing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. mark destructive only changes as a separate difference

due to deployment limitations with salesforce destructive changes destructive changes dont necessarily reflect branch to org so these deltas are being marked as differences even though there is no way to fix other than manually in the org. these should be marked as a separate difference type for easier filtering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cloning deployments: add namespace option

If you are using Gearset to develop for a 1GP managed package:

Your deploys between VCS and dev orgs/scratch orgs DON'T use namespace in the metadata filter

Your deploy from VCS to Packaging org MUST USE namespace in the metadata filter - otherwise, everything in the difference viewer appears as NEW rather than CHANGED (if truly just edited during dev cycle)

So, when cloning a deployment, one should have the option to add the namespace to the clone dialog.

Without this, one has to repeat the Compare step thus losing the benefit of what you had enumerated in a prior…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Spurious difference CustomObject excludedstandardbuttons ordering

SFDC has a tendency from release-to-release of reordering the excludedStandardButtons for a CustomObject. If you are using source control populated under Vx and SFDC changes the ordering in Vx+1, your custom objects all show up as Changed in the differences viewer.

Because these are "excluded" buttons, their ordering in the XML file doesn;t matter to the end deployment and the variance should be suppressed in the difference viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send different deployment notifications based on the target org type

Successful deployment notification is for all sandboxes. It would be nice if we can have a separate notification for production and sandboxes as certain people only care what goes to production. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for WaveXmd metadata is missing

If we replace default DataSet in Einstein Analytics, it creates another type of metadata "WaveXmd". Support for the deployment of this metadata is missing from Gearset and as per discussion with Gearset team, it's a bug. Could you please fix it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use exact filters of Automated Job

Currently automated CI job filters are unique to that job and not available as a filter for manual jobs.
    Ability to use the exact current job filter as a filter outside of the CI job.
    Ability to to clone the CI Job filter into a new named filter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show In-Progress Validation jobs when clicking 'Details' in GitHub PR

When viewing a GitHub PR and you have a status check that's in progress, clicking 'Details' should take you to the validation only job page and show all validations (including those in progress).

Currently this page only shows you completed validations which makes it confusing to use at first and you have to navigate to 'Continuous Integration' and find the validation job there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Consistently position the Source > Target UI element

In the various screens of a comparison + deployment, the Source > Target element jumps around:
    - Top of the page for the Comparing... page
    - Middle of the page for the Compare page
    - Top-left for the Comparison Summary page
    - Top-right for the Deployment page
    - Middle of the page for the Deployment Results page

During this process, I am constantly double-checking to make sure that I am using the correct Source & Destination environments so as not to make a mistake. Instead of scanning the entire screen to see where this is annotated, I would like to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display more workflow subcomponents under Workflow for Metadata filter

Currently, two sub-components display under Workflow when selecting metadata types within a filter.

1. WorkflowAlert
    2. WorkflowRule

There's more sub-components than those two and I'd argue that there's two that are frequently used that should be included for visibility

1. WorkflowFieldUpdate
    2. WorkflowOutboundMessage

There's 2 more, but these may be used less frequently and not needed for visibility

1. WorkflowKnowledgePublish
    2. WorkflowTask
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. no difference report

Currently the deployment report that is attached to the Jira ticket includes all "No Difference" components which I don't believe provides any real value. In my instance, this includes endless amount of pages, from what I can tell the changed values I'm actually looking for don't actually exist. I would suggest either excluding from report all together or providing a summarized statement that is just a grouped item for all items that were included in deployment but had no change. Also the report should bring the actual changed items to the top of the report like it is on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Github: Ability to select Reviewers for pull requests created in Gearset

Currently, you can create a PR after a successful deployment in Gearset. You're able to provide a description and even select it as a draft.

However, the only potentially necessary field that's missing is "reviewers". This means any CI/CD setup you have that requires an approval requires the user to go into Github just to add the reviewer.

Since Gearset would have all the team members (and those with linked github accounts), it seems it might be an opportunity to select based on that list and pass the linked username on to github in the PR creation to keep end…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base