Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Allow notification for long running jobs

Allow a for a notification to be sent when a Continuous Integration job runs longer than N minutes. Most of our jobs tend to complete in under one minute, so if a job runs longer than 30 minutes, being notified would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Email notification selection: none, success, failed deployemnts

In account settings allow me to choose what kind of notifications I want to receive to my email.
    [ ] Send me success deployments notifications
    [ ] Send me failed deployments notification

No selection means do not send any notifications.

Why? With many deployments my email is bombarded with notifications. Last two weeks 65 emails which I do not read as I see status on screen. Therefore I want to turn off those notifications.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better handle Shares on Report and Dashboard Folders in pre-validation

during the pre-validation of a deployment, validate that the shares exist for report and dashboard folders. Currently if they do not exist in the target they fail during deployment. Only option today is to clean them up after error in source org and then redeploy. Instead, it would be useful if gearset removed them during the pre-validation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cruise control feed for Deployment Steps

We are planning to let our team notify and keep informed about the deployment steps status just that they can stay informed about it. These are non-Gearset users.

Can we have a monitoring feed for Deployment steps that take place from Compare and deploy Screen 1 which contains basic deployment details (Source and Target). So as an When we progress with the deployment steps, it will keep it updated. Similar what you have for Unit Test monitoring feed. (Test monitoring Cruise Control feed)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show the commit message with the Commit ID on the CI History Screen

The CI Job History Screen would be much more useful for me if it was able to show the commit message on the commit that triggered the CSI alongside the source commit ID.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Downloading of git diff for Comparison

It can be difficult to evaluate the scope of changes by clicking in the Comparison view on one metadata element at a time to see the differences. We would much prefer to be able to download a git diff and examine the delta as a cohesive changeset.

The user should be able to download the contents of the currently selected tab (All Changes, New Changes, or Selected Changes) in the format of a git unified diff. The user can then use the software of their choice to view the diff.

This will also enable more advanced workflows, as git diffs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Suppress irrelevant Suggested Fixes when deploying to git

The problem analysis comes up with a number of Suggested Fixes which may make sense for improving Salesforce deployments, but which are unproductive when applied to git deployments.

For example, the suggestion to remove TASK.WHAT_NAME, or to omit Standard Objects, will only serve to create a git repo which is an inaccurate reflection of the source org. Each time we deploy to that git repo, we will continue to have the same changes to select or omit, since the repo is missing objects and fields from the source org.

When the deployment target is a git repo, all suggested fixes…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suggest related metadata for selected types in filter

Gearset provides some very useful documentation on the importance of including groups of related metadata in a filter.

https://docs.gearset.com/metadata-deployment-guides/using-gearset-to-deploy-profiles

It would be very helpful if the Manage Filters dialog implemented these suggestions. For example, when a Profile is included in the filter, the user should be prompted to also select Profile Password Policy, Profile Session Setting, External Data Source, Apex pages, Layouts, and Custom Objects. Otherwise, the likelihood of Gearset assembling an accurate Profile without all of the related components will be slim.

Gearset obviously has deep knowledge of metadata semantics and dependencies. The Manage Filter page needs to reflect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Eliminate unnecessary XML reformatting in git

Currently, when gearset deploys XML to git, it seems to run it through a reformatter, which creates superfluous changes in git. These changes cause extremely large deltas, which are hard to read, increase the difficulty of merges and the likelihood of conflicts, and make working with any other metadata tooling (like SFDX) difficult.

For example, here is part of a delta gearset commited for a profile.xml:
    diff --git a/force-app/main/default/profiles/Commissions.profile-meta.xml b/force-app/main/default/profiles/Commissions.profile-meta.xml
    index 8b11e6b7..3d640a50 100644
    --- a/force-app/main/default/profiles/Commissions.profile-meta.xml
    +++ b/force-app/main/default/profiles/Commissions.profile-meta.xml
    @@ -1,10 +1,27 @@
    -<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<Profile xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    +<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Profile xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    + <custom>true</custom>
    + <profileActionOverrides>
    + <actionName>Tab</actionName>

Note that it lowercased…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. custom object translation of the Product2 object

The custom object translation of the Product2 object, specifically, is not behaving like the other custom object translations. So when I changed the label of this standard Object : Product2 (Set-up -> rename tabs and labels)
    i can't find it in Gearset. I have to make this change manuelly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add problem analyzers to the data deployment app

Much like the problem analyzers for metadata deployments in Gearset, it would be great if you could add a problem analysis feature for data deployments after having configured what you want to deploy.

Some scenarios will almost certainly cause the data deployment to either totally fail or only partially deploy some of the records and skip records it can't deploy. Providing automatic fixes (e.g. choosing not to include duplicates) would improve the number of deployments that work 100% of the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clean up source/destination drop downs to be consistent across all UI elements.

The drop down lists for picking source/destination are different in the UI.

For example, in compare and deploy production salesforce connections are not in the list alphanumerically, they are appended to the bottom while in a clone deployment they are all listed alphanumerically.

Just being picky, but consistency one way or another would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow deployment of unlocked packages

At the moment, you can select "Installed package" as a metadata type to compare, and I think you can use this to install a package (without installation key).

However, unless I'm missing them, 2nd Generation Unlocked packages don't appear in a comparison like this.

It would be really useful to be able to deploy 2GP with Gearset because I sometimes need to make metadata changes at the same time as installing

e.g. I'm moving some old functionality into an Unlocked package and that old code has logic in the triggers. I want to be able to delete the old triggers…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problem analysers - to ignore the user config element

On metadata deployments, I frequently struggle with Report Folders, Workflow Updates, and other configuration elements that have individual users assigned to them. The struggle is that individual users assigned to these config elements often do not exist in the target org. This results in the entire deployment failing, and many times, manually configuring the report, report folder, etc.

A nice solution to this would be a new section on the Problem analysis screen that allows me to exclude the users from the config element that is being deployed.

It is useful to call these scenarios out, because I need to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give users the ability to update field/object permissions for specific profiles only

The issue is, when promoting from one org to another and changing either Custom Object Permissions or Custom Field Permissions and if more than the profile you want has been changed, the extra profile changes get promoted anyway. So we need a way to control which profiles get applied when promoting field and object level security.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need to move Help Menu between orgs

I recently had to move custom Help Menu items between orgs. Since Gearset didn't support it, I was reduced to manually entering the data in each org since they weren't connected in Change Set paths. I believe the metadata is CustomHelpMenuSectio

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create Change set without comparison

Allow user to directly create a change set without doing the comparison. If user has a list of items that needs to be migrated then allow the user to add items and skip comparison step.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide an option to run Aura and/or LWC testing before deployment

I don't think that very many people are actually creating Aura/LWC tests yet, but they really should be.

Since SF doesn't require them like it does for Apex, if we decide that those tests ought to be run before deployment, it would be great to have Gearset run them. This will help us to make sure they are run before every deployment instead of relying on developers remembering to do it manually.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Support for Pre/Post Data Deployment Scripts

Some of my more complex data objects require that I turn off Validation Rules during deployment, then back on again after deployment.

Options that would work:

• BEST: List of Validation rules under each object and and option to temporarily disable on a one-by-one basis during the deployment. A "Disable All Validation Rules During Deployment" option would be helpful if this feature is implemented.

• BETTER: Ability to specify metadata xml to apply to each sobject pre and post deployment.

• GOOD: Ability to specify anonymous Apex to execute pre and post deployment. This would involve a callout to the Metadata API, which…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show *all* matching items on All Items, even if they haven't been changed.

I couldn't find a field that I was looking for today, despite searching for it specifically, because it was hidden inside it's parent object. I understand that the reason for this was something to do with there being no difference on the field (and I appreciate that the reason is to avoid clogging up the screen!), but if you're searching for a specific field, I think it should really show up...

Took me bothering someone on live chat to figure out what was going on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base