Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1144 results found

1. Add an option to use a custom "Gearset format" for the source control output

The XML that comes from Salesforce is weirdly bundled together. When changes are made it's really hard to reconcile two branches in source control when merging.

When comparing, Gearset nicely decomposes changes into smaller chunks. So instead of putting that back into the usual XML, an option to store that "internal format" and even just stick it as JSON or similar.

After all - it'll be Gearset reading it back in to compare to an org next time, and smaller changes will be easier to merge as they won't conflict inside horrendously large XML files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Deploy parts of Settings

It would be nice if you broke up the settings into smaller subcomponents. For example the Security settings would be more useful if you extract out the password policy changes so we can pick and choose what Security settings we need. I thought of this concept similar to how you break up profiles into sub component. This could get noisey in the list of changes so an alternative to that could be to bundle it under components like how CustomObjects work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Indicate whether a Validated Package is enabled for Quick Deploy

T0 - You Validate a package to PROD (run all tests)

T1 - You or someone else does a deployment of something else, no matter how minor, to PROD.

T2 - You click Deploy of the Validated Package from T0, all the apex tests are rerun. This is by design per SFDC yet Gearset doesn't tell you in advance that Quick Deploy is not available. Something you think will take a couple of minutes now takes 30 minutes or more. You think you screwed up or Gearset is broken

Suggestion: On Validated Packages page and on the page of a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow custom rules in PMD

PMD support is great, but it would also be useful to be able to have a set of custom rules for my team

e.g. we have a code library of classes that they ought to use instead of coding their own solutions every time. Some of these cases could be spotted by a PMD rule, so it would be great to be able to add my own rules for this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a note against individual components in a draft deployment

While comparing two Org's for differences and saving the 'Draft deployment':

1. Files that I'm sure and fine with the differences and happy - so tick them.

2. Files that are important to be deployed but I am yet to discuss those differences with some peers from team (dev / support). I would like to mark these (or / and) comment against these - with some useful notes (ex: impact or risk analysis related notes). Once these are discussed, I can then tick them - indicating I am happy to deploy these.

Once I mark the files as either 1 or 2…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Monitoring Jobs on Source Code Repositories

Currently, Enterprise users can create monitoring jobs on sandboxes, so that they may be notified when a sandbox's metadata changes. It'd be great to be able to perform the same monitoring action against source code repositories (GitHub!).

An example use case would be detecting when undesired metadata types enter into the repository. This is important because CI jobs will fail on certain metadata types, so we want to ensure that they never make it into source to begin with. Additionally, our business has decided that some metadata types should never be captured into source.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a Picklist Populates, Don't Default to the 1st Value, Default to Blank

When I choose my destination, the system defaults the picklist to the first item on the list. Instead it should populate the list but don't pick a value.

For example, when I choose destination = BitBucket, it then takes a moment to load available branches. It takes a little bit so I go on and start to configure the metadata types. Meanwhile, Gearset populates the list and sets the value to the 1st branch on the list, in my case, feature/helpdesk. It should leave the value blank and make me pick.

This has resulted in me running long-running comparisons, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filter Notifications for Non-CI Deployments By Successful or Not

When I do a deployment that is not a CI deployment, it can send an email. But the email goes out regardless if the deployment is successful. I would like to be able to send the email ONLY if the deployment is successful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Access to Jira custom fields

we have a custom field we use that ties to a release number. It would be great if as an additional option to selecting tickets, access this field, set the value (in this case our release number) and have gearset pull all related requests in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to manually hide/filter component differences by single flag

When reviewing comparisons it would be extremely helpful to have the ability to manually 'hide' a component difference (e.g. a single flag to filter out, ignore, or even 'grey' a component differences) once you have a) reviewed the XML and b) determined you do not want to deploy or view that component in a saved draft. I.e. a third state that is not simply 'selected' or 'deselected'.

Current filters by component type, name, et al. don't accommodate for wanting to hide a known component difference (e.g. like an Apex class still under development) so that you can only see remaining…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reuse Deployment Package (clone) should use sticky "Source Repository"

Use case:
    1. Compare and deploy from repo-R/master to org A
    2. Clone deployment from repo-R/master to org B

Unfortunately, when the clone deployment displays the dialog "Reuse Deployment Package"...

a) When you select GitHub, the dialog doesn't default the repository to Repo-R but instead displays a picklist of all possible repos the running user has access to (in our case that is 100+)
    b) Better would be to remember in cookie the repo the developer last used and default to that choice so scrolling through 100 items is not necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CI job status "deploying" - add dateTime

UX suggestion:
    On the CI jobs page...

Currently - you see last run dateTime followed by "deploying...." if a job is currently in progress

Suggestion: Add the dateTime when job started so user can gauge when job should finish and set expectations accordingly

For example, in our shop, a CI job should take around 20 minutes - but if you can;t tell when it started, you can't gauge when it will finish and plan your work accordingly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enforce code coverage limits on CI jobs

Please set it so that we can force a code coverage check on deployments (including CI). I'd like to verify on the lowers before going through to production. Might be able to do this with test cases but should be able to on deployment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow renaming of picklist values instead of creating new and deactivating

Currently, when you rename existing picklist values in the source org (including renaming the API name of that value), Gearset will deploy this to the target org as a new picklist value and deactivate the old value. This means we have to manually delete the value in the target org and specify which value to use to replace on existing records.

It would be great if Gearset could give the option to map a picklist value in the source to a picklist value in the target and allow a rename of the value in the target.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show filtered counts on the results grid tab titles

When comparing two orgs. We need to show the eaxact number in the Tabs(Changed Items, New Items) when filtered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show # differences found in comparison display

It would be a nice feature to see the number of differences for each item from the perspective of the source org vs target org.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an Ignore option for change alerts

Sometimes metadata comes back from Salesforce in a different order, which makes it look like there was a change when there really wasn't any. It would be nice to have a way to flag such comparisons as Ignored so I know I looked at them and decided that they didn't need to have any further action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Skip CI Jobs to source control when there are no changes.

After setting up a CI job from a Salesforce sandbox to a Bitbucket repo, it looks like the CI job always runs a commit, even if there are no actual changes. It would be great to not have this happen to avoid having many commits where there are no actual changes.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. refresh comparison UX - echo the filter used in the original comparison

When you click Refresh Comparison, the dialog does not echo anywhere the original filter name used in the comparison-being-refreshed. You just get a x/y filters being used.

Always good to remind the user as to which filters were originally selected without having to scroll through the list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notify Slack when deployment is successful

I would like to inform Slack on when a manual deployment is successful or failed. It will tell me what the source environment and what was the destination environment. It will also tell me if what the success/fail ratio of the tests that were run.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base