Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Gearset CPQ deployment to delete target org component if source is deleted

Example in CPQ template you have situation when you need delete from source org component (content, line column etc.)
    Now you have to delete this in target org as post deployment task.
    Current solution support only new or changed component change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Update the layout comparison view of Page layouts to reflect custom button/button changes on related lists. Currently XML view only

The layout view does not show custom buttons added to related list/other button changes. This is visible in XML view, the layout view is slightly confusing as a result - The "Select all" tick at the top is present, but no other tick boxes, making it unclear what you are selecting unless you use XML view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add api version check validation

We have experienced quite a few errors when a metadata component is developed in a sandbox that has been updated to the preview api version but production hasn't been updated to that version yet. Our entire pipeline and PR validation process works perfectly until the very last step when deploying to production. It's very difficult to deal with at that point.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Date to date filter

A date to date filter so as to ignore anything outside of that time window. Even if it could just be all the changes for one year, that would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow different source control users per CI job

At the moment, my GitHub user is defined at an account level. So that user is the one for all CI jobs.

I may want to have a different GitHub user for each of the projects that I run through Gearset. For example, if we are a consultancy that generally use our own stack, but have to use a GitHub user belonging to a customer on some occasions.

Or (as I do now) I may want to switch my GitHub user from one to another. Today, switching that user will disable ALL OF THE CI JOBS. And I will have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CI job merger conflicts

When resolving CI job merge conflicts, a user has two windows to accept changes from one side of the window. Can we have an option to accept specific components changes from one side and certain changes from the other side.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pull Request Branch Filter/restriction

Currently creating a pull request from the "Create pull request Screen" provides the user with a list of all the branches.

The default of this seems to be based on the last location you had selected when you created your branch (This usually ends up being main). As we have a pipeline this is the last place you want anyone being able to create a PR into!

It would be great if we could whitelist/blacklist a bunch of Branch names on this dropdown to stop users accidentally selecting main when creating a PR (for most users this would be one…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. package missing -meta.xml endings

When I download a package from a CI Job, it doesn't include the require "-meta.xml" ending for my metadata types. I wrote the following script to add them back one folder at a time. It would make more sense if Gearset just gave me the correct filenames when I download the package though.

# Gearset gives us a downloadable package to trouble shoot, 
    # but it doesn't have the -meta.xml text appended to it.
    # Find all files with this ending and append -meta.xml to it.
    find ./  -type f -name '*.flow' | xargs -I '{}' mv '{}' '{}'-meta.xml

find
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set Problem Analyzer to default with all rules disabled

Problem Analyzer rules are automatically enforced for CI Deployments which are misleading to end user as the default has ALL rules set to enabled. My recommendations is to have the default template have ALL rules set to disabled OR have clear communication in the CI Deployment feature to notify users that Problem Analyzer rules are enabled and may cause expected deployment behaviour/errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. disable the ability to delete backups to prevent malicious actors and accidental damage

A lot of backup providers offer the ability to disable the ability to delete backups. This provides protection for 2 scenarios:

1. A hacker compromises an administrator account and uses this access to remove backups to prevent recovery after ransomware or other attack

2. An administrator accidentally deletes backups that are required

If there is a legitimate use case for backups to be deleted, the ability to delete can be temporarily turned on but only by contacting support and only with the confirmation of 2 or more admins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Invoke Run Anonymous Apex against target in CI Job

Team,
    Can you please add Run Anonymous Apex option in a CI Job ?

Step#1
    In this scenario from Developer's end they should add pre scripts in a.txt file and add post scripts in b.txt file in their Source Control

Step#2
    How it should work
    - It should allow the CI job to run Pre and Post Deployment scripts
    - Pre Deployment scripts should be picked up from Source control a.txt file and Post
    Deployment scripts should be picked up from Source control b.txt file
    - Post commit the diff of commit should identify what are pre and post scripts…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Share edit access to a CI job with another user

Currently, only the owner of a CI job is able to edit it. This is a risk, as the owner is not always available to troubleshoot CI issues. It would be helpful to be able to delegate edit access to other team members so that pipelines can be managed collaboratively.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share edit access to a CI job with another user

Currently, only the owner of a CI job is able to edit it. This is a risk, as the owner is not always available to troubleshoot CI issues. It would be helpful to be able to delegate edit access to other team members so that pipelines can be managed collaboratively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Run pull request validation against a different sandbox than the one linked to the target org

Hi team,

We have multiple developers creating PRs against a common development branch (let's call it simple, develop; developers are creating their feature branches from master, the Production configuration branch). Develop branch is linked to an integration environment (called INT). INT environment contains multiple stories which are not yet in Production (some of them might go in Production, some will not go).

I would like to get my PRs validated in a Production-copy environment (called BUILDCHK) just to get a real feedback on how "deployable" are my changes in Production, for whenever their time will come.

It would be great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the checks on the PR for the deployment

Currently, gearset doesn't provide the checks on the PR for the deployment CI job. It would be nice to have the checks of the deployment status along with a link to the comparison on the PR, similar to how we can link out to the validation job

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to delete app visibility

As per the official reply from Gearset support

".....The issue is, if you manually delete the app, all the app visibilities will be deleted as well. But when using Gearset to delete the app visibilities, they are not completely deleted but set to false. The best workaround for this is to manually delete the xml from your git branch. ..."

If Gearset can incorporate this feature, it would be nice.

The workaround is not that hard as it may sound. 4 apps in 60 profiles takes about 10 mins to mass-find and mass-replace in VS Code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add option to "run tests if X is present" on CI jobs

At the moment Gearset only offers an "all or nothing" option ("run all tests"), which is safer but completely ruins minor and cosmetic deployments (because it then takes half an hour to deploy even the smallest, inconsequent change like a Layout change) or "apex or nothing" option ("Default") which does allow for minor deployments to go through.. but also anything that's not Apex, which is dangerous because what if I'm deploying other automations like Flows? these changes would go un-tested.

At the very least an option for "run all tests if Apex OR Flow is present" sounds mandatory. But ideally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Backup data search feature should allow wildcards

Current the backup/restore search feature is an exact match search only. It would be great to use wild cards or to select "contains" "starts with" "ends with" or simply allow the user to use % to achieve the same.

For example if I wanted to search for the account Willy Wonky Chocolate Factory, with the exact match I have to know the exact name, but with wild card I could search for %Chocolate% and get all accounts backed up with Chocolate in their name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow switching authentication provider (SSO)

I made the mistake of using the wrong SSO provider (Salesforce) on the main user account that owns all the pipelines, CI jobs, credentials, orgs, etc and now I'm stuck with it with no decent way of changing to Google, my preferred provider. Please create an easy way to switch SSO providers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include "Messages reported by Salesforce" during Metadata Deployment in the final report

During a metadata deployment, on the "deployment in progress" screen, there is a column for "message reported by salesforce".

I think these should be included in the final results screen, and perhaps in the deployment report.

These can be useful for the user to do things like make changes to their flows to conform to salesforce best practices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?