Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1137 results found

1. Share edit access to a CI job with another user

Currently, only the owner of a CI job is able to edit it. This is a risk, as the owner is not always available to troubleshoot CI issues. It would be helpful to be able to delegate edit access to other team members so that pipelines can be managed collaboratively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Run pull request validation against a different sandbox than the one linked to the target org

Hi team,

We have multiple developers creating PRs against a common development branch (let's call it simple, develop; developers are creating their feature branches from master, the Production configuration branch). Develop branch is linked to an integration environment (called INT). INT environment contains multiple stories which are not yet in Production (some of them might go in Production, some will not go).

I would like to get my PRs validated in a Production-copy environment (called BUILDCHK) just to get a real feedback on how "deployable" are my changes in Production, for whenever their time will come.

It would be great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the checks on the PR for the deployment

Currently, gearset doesn't provide the checks on the PR for the deployment CI job. It would be nice to have the checks of the deployment status along with a link to the comparison on the PR, similar to how we can link out to the validation job

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to delete app visibility

As per the official reply from Gearset support

".....The issue is, if you manually delete the app, all the app visibilities will be deleted as well. But when using Gearset to delete the app visibilities, they are not completely deleted but set to false. The best workaround for this is to manually delete the xml from your git branch. ..."

If Gearset can incorporate this feature, it would be nice.

The workaround is not that hard as it may sound. 4 apps in 60 profiles takes about 10 mins to mass-find and mass-replace in VS Code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add option to "run tests if X is present" on CI jobs

At the moment Gearset only offers an "all or nothing" option ("run all tests"), which is safer but completely ruins minor and cosmetic deployments (because it then takes half an hour to deploy even the smallest, inconsequent change like a Layout change) or "apex or nothing" option ("Default") which does allow for minor deployments to go through.. but also anything that's not Apex, which is dangerous because what if I'm deploying other automations like Flows? these changes would go un-tested.

At the very least an option for "run all tests if Apex OR Flow is present" sounds mandatory. But ideally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Backup data search feature should allow wildcards

Current the backup/restore search feature is an exact match search only. It would be great to use wild cards or to select "contains" "starts with" "ends with" or simply allow the user to use % to achieve the same.

For example if I wanted to search for the account Willy Wonky Chocolate Factory, with the exact match I have to know the exact name, but with wild card I could search for %Chocolate% and get all accounts backed up with Chocolate in their name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow switching authentication provider (SSO)

I made the mistake of using the wrong SSO provider (Salesforce) on the main user account that owns all the pipelines, CI jobs, credentials, orgs, etc and now I'm stuck with it with no decent way of changing to Google, my preferred provider. Please create an easy way to switch SSO providers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include "Messages reported by Salesforce" during Metadata Deployment in the final report

During a metadata deployment, on the "deployment in progress" screen, there is a column for "message reported by salesforce".

I think these should be included in the final results screen, and perhaps in the deployment report.

These can be useful for the user to do things like make changes to their flows to conform to salesforce best practices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When merging a Pull Request that is linked to an Azure DevOps work item, indicate the user who performed the merge

Currently, when a PR is merged into an Org (and the PR is linked to an Azure DevOps item), a discussion comment is added to the DevOps item documenting the merge. However, there is no indication in the comment to document the user who performed the merge. The Author of the comment appears to be the owner of the pipeline, not the user who performed the merge. My suggestion is to either make the author of the comment the person who performed the merge, OR in the content of the comments, add a line to indicate "Merged By: [Name of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. retain validation history for CI jobs

When a pull request is created against a branch that triggers a CI job, a validation is run. Sometimes, this validation hits errors and adjustments need to be made to the metadata filter and/or problem analyzer template until the validation succeeds. However, once the PR is promoted and the CI job successfully fires, the validation history for that PR is no longer accessible. It would be useful to be able to retain that validation history, as it would help to do further investigation into the validation errors that were hit after the fact.

There is not always time during a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide deployment options for Mulesoft via Gearset

As Gearset does Salesforce based deployments so well, it would be great to have Mule deployments done through Gearset as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include Pull Request title in the notification

Hello GS team,

Currently, the notifications from the pull request validations only include the PR number, I would like to request if it's possible to include the PR title.

Current Sample: [Gearset] CI validation job Validation job for PR #11111 failed

With the title in the subject of the notification, we can FW the results to the right teams automatically.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add a column for file sizes and show a warning message if over the limit (might happen deploying content assets)

Recently when deploying a large amount of content assets, I ran into a issue where the deployment would freeze on caching metadata for faster comparison.

Support told me the deployment size was too large and I broke it up into smaller deployments. I suggest adding a column with file sizes and perhaps a warning message if you exceed the deployment limits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow automated unit test execution to run tests synchronously

When unit tests are run in parallel you can often get intermittent errors such as UNABLETOLOCK_ROW. When running tests from Salesforce you are able to specify running tests synchronously which takes longer but prevents conflicts between tests. Can this option be added to Gearset for the automated test running?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to report on runtime in Gearset Reporting API and what metadata filters were used

As part of showing the amount of time saved by using Gearset (and DevOps best practices), as well as the overall current utilization of Gearset across multiple teams and Gearset instances, being able to report on the Comparison, Validation, and Deployment runtime would be extremely beneficial. Also reporting on which metadata filter was used, if named and saved/accessible, in a comparison, validation, and deployment.

This data could also be used to identify inefficiencies in the standard metadata filters used across our Gearset instances, and potentially identify clients not deploying smaller and iteratively in order to prove with data how that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Flow equivalent of Static Code Analysis-esque rules

Code Analysis rules run against Apex in Gearset. As Salesforce development continues to rely on Flows as the main tool for declarative automation, it's becoming challenging to catch known inefficiencies, known issues, and discouraged usages. It would really set Gearset a part as a deployment tool to utilize issue detection or run "rules" against Flow metadata to call out potential issues or flows not following best practices to even prevent a deployment or commit from occurring.

Examples: SOQL or DML in a loop, the number of elements for flows (prior to api v57) or general overall complexity, lack of Descriptions…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export and Import Gearset metadata filters to other Gearset instances

This idea feels relevant to Gearset customers that are consultants or in professional services teams.

Our team will be managing multiple instances of Gearset for various clients. During the initial setup and also over the long term maintenance of those instances, it would be ideal to standardize the custom metadata filters being used. The base filters would be the same starting point for all instances, because of the references to namespaces and certain metadata types involved in our projects.

Currently, the filters will need to be part of the post-instance setup steps. It would be ideal to be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deploy monitor results changes to target org directly from the compare screen

I get the a monitoring results email. When I click it it takes me to the comparison screen
    Right now to deploy those changes I have to go to Monitoring > Filter by name > View History > Select the right one > Deploy changes to target org.

Those are 5 clicks to get to a place I just was in! It would be great if I could deploy the changes to the target org directly from the screenshot comparing screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recognize code formatting changes as differences that can be deployed

If an Apex Class or other code file has been modified to fix formatting only, changing the indentation size for example, Gearset doesn't recognize this as a change that can be deployed. Formatting changes are recognized by git and SFs own source tracking feature so it should be recognized by Gearset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. quote term

For CPQ Quote Term, the name column only shows "Approved" which is not meaningful.
    Please switch to using the "Name" field which is a auto generated number (e.g. QT-0209) that is displayed in the user interface and therefore a meaningful identifier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base