Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Bulk resolving merge conflicts across multiple PRs (set resolution as Feature or Environment)

It would be great if there was the capability to bulk-apply Feature or Environment when resolving merge conflicts across multiple PRs. I have a few dozens that all need to be set to the same option, and it would be useful to handle this quickly rather than click on each one individually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Slack notifications for non-CI deployments

We use slack for monitoring which is great. We'd like to have the ability to setup more slack notifications for non-CI jobs.

Additionally, we'd love to see deployment starting notifications as an option as well, to allow our greater insights into when it's coming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give CI/CD Users the option to use a shared webhook or a new one in BitBucket

Gearset recently updated its automated webhook setup for new CI/CD jobs to use a shared webhook. For my team, we have configured each webhook for validation jobs to only run on PR creation/update and deployments to only run on branch pushes. By forcing the new jobs to a single shared job, it causes PR merges to trigger validations alongside the deployment (Which is time-consuming and needless).

Also, as my team has many legacy webhooks for our existing jobs, when we add a new job it seems Gearset randomly assigns it to an existing webhook. For our recent deployment-only job, it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable Pipeline Back-propagation for Static Environments

We would like to have the option to disable the back-propagation in the pipelines for static environments or have more options to control how the back-propagation should behave, like not running the PR validations for these types of Pull Requests.

When new changes reach the master branch, those changes should be pushed to the branch linked to a Salesforce environment. As it is today, the changes are back-propagated through new Pull Requests and because of the pipeline default config, the unit tests need to run which can block the sandboxes for some time depending on the complexity of the release…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limit who can connect Production or Specific Orgs

Our users may have access to certain orgs to do manual changes (we are working on reducing, but will probably never get to 0). Ability for us to block who can connect production can enforce usage of pipelines and prevent users from connecting their own user where they would get deployment access.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share edit access to a CI job with another user

Currently, only the owner of a CI job is able to edit it. This is a risk, as the owner is not always available to troubleshoot CI issues. It would be helpful to be able to delegate edit access to other team members so that pipelines can be managed collaboratively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add option to "run tests if X is present" on CI jobs

At the moment Gearset only offers an "all or nothing" option ("run all tests"), which is safer but completely ruins minor and cosmetic deployments (because it then takes half an hour to deploy even the smallest, inconsequent change like a Layout change) or "apex or nothing" option ("Default") which does allow for minor deployments to go through.. but also anything that's not Apex, which is dangerous because what if I'm deploying other automations like Flows? these changes would go un-tested.

At the very least an option for "run all tests if Apex OR Flow is present" sounds mandatory. But ideally…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include Pull Request title in the notification

Hello GS team,

Currently, the notifications from the pull request validations only include the PR number, I would like to request if it's possible to include the PR title.

Current Sample: [Gearset] CI validation job Validation job for PR #11111 failed

With the title in the subject of the notification, we can FW the results to the right teams automatically.

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a column for file sizes and show a warning message if over the limit (might happen deploying content assets)

Recently when deploying a large amount of content assets, I ran into a issue where the deployment would freeze on caching metadata for faster comparison.

Support told me the deployment size was too large and I broke it up into smaller deployments. I suggest adding a column with file sizes and perhaps a warning message if you exceed the deployment limits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to export the unit test coverage in the json format and push it to the repository automatically

The sfdx CLI has the ability to generate a report of the unit test coverage in JSON format with the default naming convention test-result-codecoverage.

I would like to be able to retrieve this JSON file and push it automatically to the repository on every unit test execution.

As an example please find a possible sfdx command to achieve it: - sfdx force:apex:test:report --testrunid 7075J00001NZBNIQA5 -c -r json -d folderDirectory #testRunID is the value from the ApexTestResult obj AsyncApexJobId field
    Please find more information on the official salesforce documentation about it https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_dev.meta/sfdx_dev/sfdx_dev_testing.htm

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard

Create ListViews in the Continuous Integration Dashboard page and being able to grant access to specific users or groups of users.

The idea is to avoid displaying specific jobs to a particular group of users for better organization and reduce the loading time when many CI jobs are configured.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make filter to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level and expand the components

Can I ask Gearset team to add filter in compared components to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level (e.g. custom objects or profiles).
    For example, in the filter to compare metadata I selected certain custom tab (in the profile the access to the tab was deleted), also selected certain profiles, but serching through the compared metadata list I spent hours and did not manage to find those components for deployment package.
    The same is for object access. I selected certain object, selected certain profiles - and again, it's a hard quest to find necessary components…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sandbox Deployment With 0 Components

Running a deployment into a Sandbox or Prod that has 0 components is a waste of time and resources.

If a deployment has 0 components in it, either
    1. There's a problem because I was expecting greater than zero (so throw an error), or...
    2. I want to run tests, and theres a different command for that (I shouldn't be executing a deployment just to run tests).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Local Metadata ignored if name collides across an unlocked package namespace

Current Behavior:
    During PR validation of an lwc component named "utils", Gearset reports no changes and runs validation against target org with 0 components because there is a Namespaced Unlocked Package in the target that also has an lwc component named "utils". This can be seen in the "Problem Analysis Results" within the Validation Details for the PR.

Expected Behavior:
    Gearset should not diff my local components against components that are behind a namespace. Even when those namespaced components are in an unlocked package. Perhaps Gearset should treat namespaced unlocked package components more like managed package components.

This is related…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement Data migration support for nCino

nCino is a native Salesforce application for banking customers, configured using records, similar to how CPQ is configured. Deploying the data based configuration from environment to environment can be very difficult and painful. This would be a valuable feature for every nCino customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring back the Suggested Fixes in Problem Analyzer to suggest permissions for fields when moving a new field.

Previously if you selected to migrate a field, Problem Analyzer would suggest the permissions. Now it only shows up on Warnings tab. This forces you to go back to the Comparison and individually find the permissions for each field. It should include these as Suggested Fixes. Additionally, if a field is listed as a Suggested Fix, the permissions for that field should be included as Suggested Fixes as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow CI jobs to use the running users GitHub connection

At the moment CI jobs within the Pipeline use the CI owner's GitHub account for new branches and pull requests etc which is stopping the code reviewers process within GitHub from working currently.

Can we allow the integration within Pipelines to run on the promoting user's connection (i.e. so requests are shown with the running user and not CI Owner within GitHub) or allow a generic user to be set up instead to untie deployments from the CI owner GitHub connection within Gearset.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Analyzer: Duplicate child relationship name detection

Use case -

target org has child object O lookup field F1 with childRelationship = Foo
    source org has child object O lookup field F2 with childRelationship = Foo

If you deploy, SFDC tells you that there is already a Child Relationship Foo on O

Analyzer could detect this and warn developer before deployment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Analyzer enhancement - detect missing ContentAsset in CustomApplication

Given this XML in CustomApplication

<CustomApplication xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <brand>
    <headerColor>#0070D2</headerColor>
    <logo>MyLogo</logo>
    <logoVersion>1</logoVersion>
    <shouldOverrideOrgTheme>false</shouldOverrideOrgTheme>
    </brand>

If user forgets to select Content Asset MyLogo, Analyzer should detect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate creation of a release, which includes several stories

Within pipelines, provide the ability to validate multiple Pull Requests (PRs) in one shot (i.e. release), so that this release could be deployed to production, for example, using Salesforce's Quick Deploy feature. This would be very handy when getting ready for a production release and I need to validate my release the day before. Thus, on the day of the release, I would simply Quick Deploy it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base