Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. See Continuous Integration Deployments in the Deployment History tab

List deployments resulting from a CI job on the Deployment History tab along with manual deployments.

We currently deploy metadata using both manual and CI jobs and it would be convenient to see all deployments in the same list (for debugging, reporting, monitoring).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Better pre-selection of repos & branches

My reasoning for the need:
    Every day when comparing, I have to choose one github repo out of 343 (46 of mine + 297 from an org I'm a part of). Yes I know I can type some characters and it will search the list of repos, but it's still unpractical. It sometimes looks like it remembers the choice, but I think it doesn't quite work after logout and I have to select the repo from the long list too often.

The bare minimum that would bring me pleasure:
    The last used repo I used for any comparison would always…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Org Management/Oversight Dashboard

I would really benefit from a dashboard option. A single place where I could see my CI Job history, Unit Testing Jobs and Monitoring/Backup history for all/a subset of my orgs.

I am using Gearset more and more to manage the state of my org's metadata, so it would be nice to be able to see it all in one place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Select all objects in a data deployment

It would be useful to select all objects in the data deploy screen to make it faster to select a large number of objects (even better would be the ability to group objects and select whole groups at once)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search for components within Profile should show results regardless of expansion of specific profiles

Use case on Difference Viewer:

search on `profilerecordtypevisibility' (or use metadata filter and check Profile: Record Type Visibility)

Results
    Unless the difference viewer already has the Profile(s) expanded for their components, you get no results

Desired behavior -- Search on components within Profile should show results; even if search takes longer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add deployment support for Macros

Macros deserve to be added to source control yet there is no way to do this with Gearset:

1) Data feature (paid add-on) doesn't deploy to/from source
    2) PRO/Enterprise can't source/target deploy Macros because it is not available with the Metadata API.

Since macros represent some debugged logic, managing in source control makes sense. Curiously, SFDC has chosen to make Documents available via Metadata API but not Macros

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When pushing Workflow rules and associated actions, gearset mistakenly says target objects do not exist

When pushing work flow rules and associated actions, if you do a compare with only workflow, then gearset prompts an error indicating that the target objects do not exist in the destination and that the rules should be removed from the package for the deployment to be successful. In this case, it told me Account, Event and Opportunity do not exist in the target. Including other metadata from the referenced fields resolves the issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restrict source orgs

For example, deployments to a production environment should only come from the master branch of our git repository

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display "Metadata comparison (custom) filter" used on "Comparison in progress" -screen

Hi! I just started to evaluate Gearset. Looking good. When I was staring at "Comparison in progress"-screen this came to my mind:

Sometimes it takes a bit longer than expected and I start to think: "OMG - What custom filter I used? - Probably I'm comparing everything - That's why it takes so long - Maybe I should cancel this job?".

It would be more reassuring if the Metadata comparison (custom) filter being used was also shown on that "Comparison in progress" screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. FogBugz integration for Gearset

We'd LOVE a FogBugz integration for Gearset similar to the new Jira Integration.

https://docs.gearset.com/feature-walkthroughs/integrating-with-jira

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow "Rollback" if you have a user within the same org

Rollback currently requires the user who did the deployment to enable "Deployment" user access. Instead, it would be helpful if I could use my own user, within the same org, to do the rollback.

This would be helpful if the individual who did the first deployment is unavailable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow teams to share custom git repositories

It would be nice to be able to share custom git repositories with the entire team. At this time, each team member that does deployments needs to configure each custom git repo in Gearset. Besides requiring them to set it up, it also means I need to give each person the credentials.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include a field's permission if the field is flagged as a missing dependent component

If a field is identified as missing from the deployment and the user agrees to include it, the corresponding field's permission should also be added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve comparison performance

If there is one thing that is :-( about Gearset is that for moderate size orgs (a few thousand objects), the default 64 comparison takes too long.

You want to initiate a deployment from source to target and, for whatever reason, you want to make sure you didn't miss anything that needs to be deployed

So, to be safe, you initiate the 64 default comparison.

And you wait (downloading, comparison). This can take several minutes. You go on to other tasks and your zeal to get the deployment done went off onto other things as the comparison time is too…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have a timer on the compare page to indicate how long the compare is taking

Sometimes a compare can take us 30-45 minutes depending on the complexity of the org. I would like to see a running timer on this page of how long the compare is taking. I don't expect it to say how long is left, just how long it has taken so far. This will help to highlight if any abnormalities are happening, ie. if it's taking a very long time and is only at the Downloading phase for example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expand the user security model to restrict user compare / deployment access to defined comparison filters

Hi guys -

In many instances, we would like to restrict user access to certain compare / deploy metadata filters. In our case, it would be rare that all metadata changes are to be deployed and we would like to give our engineers access to only certain filters. This would reduce the risk that items that should not be deployed at a high level will not be deployed. In the current model, if a user has deploy access, they can deploy anything and everything. This is what we are looking to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Best,

Richard

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Modify the email address for manual deployment notifications

Being able to modify the default email address for deployment notifications, as for automated jobs, would help keep the others in my team notified of any manual deployments we run.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unselect all standard profiles & related permission

Often you want to deploy Admin profile and (x) custom profiles. Compare and deploy picks up hundreds of entries for standard profiles which are surplus to requirements. A single click way would be veryuseful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement a Ticketing Feature

Salesforce DevOps Center has a useful feature that allows users to create different Projects that have their own pipelines. Within each Project, you can create Work Items (similar to Issues in Jira). The user can then perform their work in a Salesforce environment and then run a comparison to associate certain changes to respective Work Items.

From there, each Work Item can be promoted through the various environments in the Project pipeline.

This is really helpful when working on numerous tickets/features for a given project, knowing exactly which environment each Work Item is in and the various metadata elements that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve audit API to extract list of users and their entitlements. Additionally, allowing us to provision & deprovision user access via API

We use 3rd party tools to audit all of our user access at our company. Automating this via API instead of exporting CSV and loading that into another tool would be very beneficial. Additionally, we use that tool for provisioning and deprovisioning so if an API for that existed too, we could automate Gearset users.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base