Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Force a full production backup, and forbid its deletion

I was not able to buy this tool because to me it was a blocker that we have the right to delete the production backup.
    I may agree that the we don't force for a full backup, but leaving the option to descope tables is equivalent as not backing up.
    Force at least an initial configuration and allow only to add more scope to the backup, but never to reduce it or delete without contacting your support who should get an authorization from more than one person on the client side.

If I'm an admin at salesforce, and an admin…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One-click Sandbox data deployment of all objects

I think a great feature would be for the tool to be able to copy all object data from one org to a sandbox, and if the amount of data is too large for the sandbox, allow the user to specify what objects to take sample data from - and how - i.e. take no data from a certain object,or take 5% of the latest created data, etc. It would be helpful to show the objects that have the most data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Easier way to exclude multiple named items in the metadata filter.

In the metadata filter named items, I want to exclude 10 named items. Currently I have to use the "exclude" Object name button 10 times. I want to tick all the 10 named items, that currently allow to include, and click a button to turn them into "exclude" in the named items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When creating a Pull Request from Gearset have the option to default to another branche

After you did a deployment from a sandbox to GIT (Github in my case) you have the option to create a Pull Request right from that screen. The default target branche is "main" even though my default branche in Github is set to develop.
    It would be great if Gearset follows that default branche that is set in Git OR has a way of defining default target branche in Gearset.
    The risk now is that someone might overlook this, make a pull request against main, someone else also overlooks this and merges it into main. With CI jobs on main…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide help link/button on each analyzer problem pane with specifiec discussion

Suggestion
    In "Problem Analysis" page, the problems indicated and solutions are not necessarily obvious and understandable.

The suggestion to read more about the analysers in the user guide is in the case I'm facing an enormous challenge.

Copy and paste the problem into your search mechanism brings back endless answers - not one used the wording in the problem statement!.

Here's an idea, have a button/link with each problem that take one to the user guide section (or other documentation) exploring the problem.

No hunting for answers as the 1st choice to figure out what your product is saying. It's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Additional feature - GITHUB Pull Request validation in CI Job

Checkbox - Pull requests: Validate pull requests targeting the source branch is only visible when Run Job is set to --> Run tests based on Apex changes in the package

Request you to enable option even when this is set to Run Job: 1 / 2 /4 / 24 Hours

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add csv file results as attach

attach a file to Teams after code analitics with incoming Webhook

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Comparison Column for "Environment"

Add a column for "Environment" which signifies which environment the change took place. For instance, this would tell you whether the changes took place in Production Only, Sandbox Only, or both.

Then, I could filter by Sandbox Only and both to see only the changes I made recently in the sandbox that I need to push to Production. Right now, I have to sift through the many little changes to items that occurred in Production.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter Column Sub-Levels

If I filter a column, it does not apply those filters if I open the sub-levels of an item such as "Depends on" or "Used by". For instance, if I filter OUT under the "Difference Type" column "No Difference," when I search through those sub-levels, it should not show me items that are "No difference."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Extend the functionality of configuring when are monitoring jobs run

Hey,
    Currently it is possible to configure at what time during the day you we want to run the configuration jobs.

For the org monitoring jobs, we really love that this is done daily, but for unit tests, we would love if we could configure the jobs to run the job weekly or monthly and not every day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter users for monitoring notifications

Hey,

Would be very beneficial if in monitoring tab, we could filter out users that we get the notifications about.

For example, we don't want to receive changes that changes have been made in a Salesforce org if these changes are a deployment, but we would be interested to see if any users with Setup permissions are making changes to fields, objects etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Require Jira Updates for certain types of deployments.

While requiring updates on Jira tickets is nice we don't require this for ALL deployments such as if going to a production environment it's required however sandbox to github or sandbox to sandbox does not require an update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to mark(starring or adding to favourites) deployed package for quick reference

Once the deployment is done, if i want to clone the same pkg after 2 months, then its difficult for me to search through. Instead if there is any way to mark it by adding a star to adding to any favourite list will make it more handy and also available for quick reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offer option to auto-limit items in clone comparison

When a deployment is completed, you have an option to clone that package. For many of my deployments, I want to push a package to source control, and then on to production. The second comparison could be limited to just the items in the cloned package. Would be great to have an option to limit second comparison to only the meta-data items in the clone. Would allow subsequent comparisons to run much more quickly, if the user is confident that the package has everything needed for that specific deployment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to ignore package namespaces differences in Apex classes

Our Apex Classes reference multiple managed packages that are updated automatically in our sandbox/production environments. This causes many classes to get picked up unnecessarily in our comparisons/CI deployments between source control (where the managed packages are not committed) and org.

Unlike https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/43917792-add-an-option-to-ignore-package-version-difference this is specifically for different package namespaces between the source and target.

In this example the source has one namespace and the target has 2 package namespaces.

It would be very useful to be able to choose to ignore all package differences in comparisons and CI jobs as a team-wide setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apply certain PA outputs back to the comparison as a "quick fix"

The main example where I have wished for this pretty strongly is the "missing permissions" PA. This is the one that warns "not all permissions are included in the deployment". It would be useful to be able to go from that PA to a view where one could either add all the missing permissions in one go, or do so selectively by profile or permission set. Right now one has to screen scrape the output, paste it into a text file, go back into the comparison and laboriously hunt through the comparison to find the missing nodes, then add them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create new branch using type-forward / auto-complete from JIRA (or other supported tool)

It would be great if you have JIRA connected, to make it easier to create your branch. So basically type-forward (-ish) functionality to identify a JIRA ticket and take the issue ID and description as branch name.

Say your JIRA ticket is ISSUE-1234 Implement this awesome feature.

The default branch name would be issue-1234-implement-this-awesome-feature.

(Where it reads JIRA could be Azure or any other support tool of course).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increase the size of the 'Create new branch from...' modal.

When creating a new branch from the 'Create new branch from...' model, it's hard because of the small size of the modal/dialog. Just sizing the modal/dialog larger would make it easier to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prevent Accidental Backing Out of Deployment components when Deploying Multiple Packages

Sometimes I have multiple packages that have been validated, that I am looking to deploy. If they happen to overlap components, then deploying in the wrong order could back out a change made by the earlier deployment.
    From this I came up with two ideas that could help:

1) The ability to select multiple validated packages or draft deployments, and click a button that will tell me if they have overlapping components. That will let me know if I have anything to worry about; if they overlap then maybe I should combine them into one package.

2) The ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Production/Sandbox Backup job color

The backup job color (or a colored tag) should be introduced so you can clearly see which backup job is for Production and which is for a Sandbox.

At the moment they all look the same and you have to make sure you are clicking on the correct one, only by looking at the username to understand if it is a Production org or not.

This is confusing and risky

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?