Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. Enable admin visibility into a Gearset team member's shared orgs

As a Salesforce implementation partner (SI) I have a lot of organizations to manage, well over 50. Each time a new org is added, I can go through and add all the users to that org, but whenever a new person is added to my team, I have to go through each connection and add that user to the list.

As the owner, I would also like to be able to see all the shared orgs inside my account, so I can centrally manage them, rather than just the ones that team members may have added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Prevent deployed validated packages from being deployed subsequent times

Currently, after you deploy a validated package it no longer appears under the Validated Packages menu, however, if you still have the link for the validated package and navigate to that package it doesn't give you any indication that the package has already been deployed and allows the user to click the Deploy button again, assuming they have deploy permissions on the target org connection.

As part of our production deployment approval process, we store the link to the validated package in our external ticketing system (https://app.gearset.com/validated-package-details?deployPackageId=<package id here>). When completing the ticket, users use that link to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow all admin users to run the 'Take Snapshot' functionality on Monitor jobs not owned by them

I would like all of my 'Admin' users (or specify which users in my org) can have access to run monitoring jobs I've set up.

The scenario is that we're a small team, so I want to set up all of our monitoring jobs, but if an issue occurs while I'm OOO any of my other team members could run the 'Take Snapshot' function to determine which changes occurred since the last monitor job ran and roll the changes back.

Currently users can edit/delete monitor jobs of other users and if provided 'Deployment' access can roll the changes back, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send Email when a package is Validated successfully with PDF of Deployment Summary.

We currently receive an email with deployment summary as PDF attachment after successful deployment, but we also want this feature for successful manual validation. This is help us review the validated package summary with Deployment approval teams in our ORG.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow more than one instance of Jira to be connected to.

It would be great to have the capability to connect to more than one instance of Jira. We are switching to a different instance and we have to delete and recreated the Jira connections each time we switch instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow account admins to run reports on their team's usage of Gearset.

I am managing a Gearset account and I need to be able to know who is using Gearset and who isn't so I can more properly assign licenses.

This might be an Enterprise feature, https://app.gearset.com/account/account-report, but really should just be something an account admin can run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Only notify the Pull-request creator on validation errors

Hi team, not sure if there is a way to do that in the current setup, but I think it would be helpful to add the option to only notify the Pull-request creator/owner on the validation errors, instead of "hardcoding" the email recipients. Regards, Adrian

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow squash merge for Github PR

We have our GitHub PR settings set to only allow Squash and Merge for PRs because we want a clean history on the long-lived branches. It seems Gearset doesn't support this, when I attempt to promote it issues an error. This should be configurable or should detect this automatically from the settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pull Request From Deployment History

Making a pull request via Gearset is only available from the Compare & Deploy Flow.

I'd the link to make a pull request available from deployment history so that users can make the pull request to the various Git/Salesforce environments.

Currently, I am telling my users to note the deployment id for their comparison and hit the link. This appears to work, but isn't user friendly.

https://app.gearset.com/finished?deploymentId={deploymentId}&notify=true

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show me where the Salesforce Release Changes are in the metadata files.

As a gearset user, I want a guide to the location of metadata components created by Salesforce in each new release so that I don't have to guess and look for the metadata 3 times per year when Salesforce publishes changes to their platform.
    Please user your business relationships with product owners at Salesforce to submit this story idea on behalf of clients everywhere.
    For example, today I was looking for metadata, if any, created by enabling permission set expiration dates in my sandbox. This won't be availabe in production until release on 10/7 but I was curious if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. enable UTAM

In the same way you enable Jest tests to run during deployment like that:
    https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/5204895-pilot-feature-source-control-setup-for-lwc-test-runs
    We would need to run UTAM tests:
    https://utam.dev/guide/introduction

Those are stored in utam folder and as sucha re not deployed to Salesforce org but rather "ran" by the test system.
    UTAM is very similar to Jest but do a simulated browser test (including integrated services and login of users) that covers full scenario and several pages. It's possible by using Chromedriver through WebdriverIO. All these are nodejs libraries used by UTAM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Precision Deployments (available for Layouts) for all the meta data

Precision Deployments for Layout is a great improvement, it would be great to have the same feature for other meta data, particularely for : Fields picklists, global value sets, List Views, Reports, Profiles, Permission Sets and why not Lightning Pages, now that the Dynamic Form is available for Acc, Contacts & Opp

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the Jira ticket which was selected at the point of the commit stay with the PR in Pipelines

At the moment when you select a Jira ticket at the point of commiting to a branch, you are able to track that actionback into Jira.

However when a PR is opened from that feature branch to the next environment branch (in the Pipelines UI specifically) the Jira ticket association is lost, and has to be reattached manually.

Workaround:

1. Put the ticket ID in the branch name, i.e. name your branch "feature/AL-99- new-flow"
    2. Use the drop down menu provided in the Pipelines UI to re select the Jira ticket
    3. Open the PR from the Commit successful screen and tick the…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have the Jira ticket which was selected at the point of the commit stay with the PR in Pipelines

At the moment when you select a Jira ticket at the point of commiting to a branch, you are able to track that actionback into Jira.

However when a PR is opened from that feature branch to the next environment branch (in the Pipelines UI specifically) the Jira ticket association is lost, and has to be reattached manually.

Workarounds:
    1. Manually add the ticket ID to the PR description, which will reassociate it
    2. Use the drop down menu provided in the Pipelines UI to re select the Jira ticket
    3. Open the PR from the Commit successful screen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable Jira notifications for individual CI Jobs

We like that the Jira integration posts changes to the associated Jira ticket during a deployment, but we only want notifications for specific CI Jobs. For example we want our staging and prod deployments to post a notification in our Jira ticket, but not for other jobs such as back-deployments. Each post potentially emails Jira users and we want to limit these notifications. Currently the only work around is to remove the Jira ticket association from the PR in Gearset before promoting it, and this gets tedious if you have a lot of development orgs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add feature for admin to disable all email notifications globally from the profile

Add feature for admin to disable all email notifications globally from the profile

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show expired orgs in list of salesforce orgs

When checking my list of salesforce orgs it would be good to see that the listed orgs have valid tokens and if they don't have valid tokens either checked on the fly/daily etc or just from previous automation attemps/backup attempts this would really help when you have access to many sandbox orgs on your user account.
    https://i.imgur.com/j0qb4Bq.png Example possible implementation?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Apex classes regardless of folder

In GitHub, Apex classes don't always have to be in a folder called "classes " to work with them. Some people using SFDX put test classes in their own folder (sometimes called "tests". Even Apex classes within the "classes" folder can be sub-grouped into folders. (Example at https://github.com/trailheadapps/apex-recipes/tree/main/force-app/main/default/classes)
    I'd like Gearset to scan the entire repository and to group metadata by its actual type, not by the folder it is in.
    I'm not talking about the sfdx-project.json saying where the metadata is located. This is within each of those locations, it should find all Apex (for example). The Apex…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support Filter by Status from Monitoring History

I occasionally need to review the Monitoring History for a particular org over a period of more than a few days (eg. Last 30 Days or more). I'm only interested in reviewing entries where the Status = "Different" so I can quickly ignore those that are "Identical". This would be a good place for a column filter like those that you support on the Compare & Deploy page.

It would also be nice to have the ability to filter on other columns (eg. Changed, New, Deleted, etc.) like only those entries where New components were added.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Page layout comparison in Same Org

It would be so valuable and help immensely with tech debt to be able to compare page layouts and lightning page layouts within an org to see what the differences are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base