Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1140 results found

1. Be able to switch the direction of a comparison/deployment

Sometimes we need to reconcile changes on an object between two orgs, where some of the changes have been made in Org1 and some in Org2. Having set up metadata filters, compared and deployed required changes from Org1 to Org2, it would be nice to be able click a button to switch direction to then deploy required changes from Org2 back to Org1, without having to go through the whole process of setting up a new comparison.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Include both dates on comparison export

The sheet exported from a comparison currently includes only one date column. It is unclear which org this refers to. It would be great if it included two columns (one per org) so that one didn't have to individually look up the item to determine which version is newer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide a way to get the debug logs of failing tests

Sometimes my tests are failing when they run during the automated run at night, but, when I log in and run the tests manually, they pass. I can see the failure stack trace, but I was wondering if there is any way to keep/view the debug logs from the failed tests so I can try to understand why they fail at night, but work during the day?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure the "Saved Comparison Pair" to always use a specific Comparison Filter

When managing multiple orgs, and running comparisons, the Saved Comparison Pair saves a lot of time. However, sometimes we need to use different Comparison Filters, based on which environments we are comparing.

Instead of first choosing the Comparison Pair, then manually selecting the Comparison Filter to use, it would be great to be able to (optionally) configure the Comparison Pair to use a specified Comparison Filter.

Example Use Case:

When committing work from our Dev org to BitBucket, we exclude Apex Classes & Triggers, and mainly commit declarative functionality (Apex code is committed separately from our dev team). All development…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automate Jira Status when a Pull Request is created in Pipelines

Presently, the capability to automatically update the Jira Status of a ticket is limited to transitions occurring between different environments in Pipelines. Enhancing this functionality to include automated updates triggered by the creation of a Pull Request would prove beneficial, eliminating the need for manual intervention when transitioning to stages such as "Code Review."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deployment pipeline view personalization

Currently, the view in continuous integration (deployment pipeline) is sorted by ABC, which is not user friendly when there are many team members. In this case I appear last and I need to find myself in this screen.
    I suggest you to either:
    1. allow creating personal views per user, so I can see only my dev sandbox, full sandbox and production.
    2. change the scroll into a "regular" scroll, and not the current drag scroll

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete feature branches in Github in a way that they can be restored

I closed a PR to master, and Gearset deleted the feature branch. However, it wasn't merged, so I wanted to restore it to continue work. I was completely gone from Github. I believe Gearset should do a normal delete that allows restoration instead of completely obliterating feature branches or allow an option to do so.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable us to customize the Slack notifications from Gearset

Enable us to customize the Slack notifications from Gearset (e.g. add deployment Friendly name to Slack deployment notifications). Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CI job merger conflicts

When resolving CI job merge conflicts, a user has two windows to accept changes from one side of the window. Can we have an option to accept specific components changes from one side and certain changes from the other side.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flow equivalent of Static Code Analysis-esque rules

Code Analysis rules run against Apex in Gearset. As Salesforce development continues to rely on Flows as the main tool for declarative automation, it's becoming challenging to catch known inefficiencies, known issues, and discouraged usages. It would really set Gearset a part as a deployment tool to utilize issue detection or run "rules" against Flow metadata to call out potential issues or flows not following best practices to even prevent a deployment or commit from occurring.

Examples: SOQL or DML in a loop, the number of elements for flows (prior to api v57) or general overall complexity, lack of Descriptions…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deploy Managed Custom Filters Globally

When we associate a custom filter with a particular CI job, and then make changes to the filter, give the user the option to push those changes to all jobs (list them out) that use that named filter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Button for 'All the Differences' that gives all additions, deletions, and changes

I'd love to have a button for 'all the things' (new, changed, and deleted). Currently, every time I run a compare, I use the All button and then turn off 'No Difference' on type.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide Audit Report of Org Connections and Who Access Has Been Delegated To

It would be great if we could pull an audit report that shows all of our Salesforce connections that are set up in Gearset and who has been delegated what level of access to each of them. This would help us to prove out segregation of duty for auditors by showing who has ever had access to deploy to production.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to assign Data Deployment Entitlement through Shared Connections

We have a central Gearset Owner who setup our various orgs using a dedicated Integration User in each org. They then shared the connections with Gearset Users so the credentials remain hidden.

However, this only delegates metadata deployment entitlement, not data deployment. To allow data deployment, a User needs to remove the shared connection and set up the org connection themselves.

Data Deployment Entitlement should be managed as part of the shared connection, as well as Metadata Deployment Entitlement. This will maintain the ability for central management and also keep org credentials secure.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. backup expiration

For compliance purposes I'd like to request an option to list the data backup expiration date. We are able to choose how long to retain the backup, but I do not see a place that lists when the backup is set to expire.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide account owners ability to control and lock certain features for team

Currently, there are some settings that we would like to turn on or off for the entire team. For example, the "Append Validation/Deployment items to ticket" toggles when doing a deployment. It is also unclear that when a team member changes these, they are changing the setting for the entire team, which leads to inconsistent Jira tickets, as some list the components and some do not.

We would like the ability for account owners to control these settings for the team and lock their ability to be changed by team members.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add issues from the problem analyzer to the comparison list

When I find issues in the problem analyzer, if I accept them, they only add the things that I have selected, but I can't add any related elements without going back to the comparison.

For example, if I miss a custom field in the comparison, but the problem analyzer flags it, I don't have any way to add the permissions for that field.

Instead, I have to go back to the comparison and add that missed field and then it's related features (this is a big problem if the analyzer flags a number of issues).

Having a button in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple metadata comparison filter selection

Having multiple comparison filters to target specific metadata is handy but sometimes you need some additional components for a deployment (e.g Flow & Custom Fields).

The ability to select more than one metadata comparison filter would be a great help and would save on the number of custom filters created and shared.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to edit xml

I would like to have the possibility to edit XML files from the comparison view.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Associated Work Items through Commit message

As a Developer, I want to use a unique ID from the work item I am working on
    when I make a GearSet commit
    So the work item I am working with (like Jira) can have a comment stating it was deployed
    and I don't have to manually go to a separate process to update the ticket.

Say my work items are in jira and I am working user story 100.
    There is a Jira ID that is unique to that work item.

When I specify a commit
    instead of going through the separate process to find the work item…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base