Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1179 results found

1. Allow XML comparison to be exported

Being able to extract the XML for the change and the target's differences would allow us to analyze and track label/code changes versus just ordering or location changes.

My issue is similar to the "Enhance XML meta data comparison to ignore changes in XML order" and "Export Comparison details all items" and "Allow download of XML files from the comparisons page"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Search with components returned by metadata comparison

Performing a search across the returned components xml would be helpful. In our org we add a JIRA ticket reference to the Description - having the ability to search for the ticket number string would help narrow the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Get Notified if Pull Requests or Validation Fails

Our Org has Gearset Officers who handle promotions. It happens at times that I create a pull request and have it start validating (which can take a while). I'll navigate away from the screen and totally forget about it, assuming it'll get pushed to the next environment.

But sometimes there are merge conflicts, or validation fails. I'd love to get a notification, either in email, or as an integration to an attached jira ticket that it failed. That way ill be notified by slack or whatever.

Just an addendum here. We use 3 environments. Admin, UAT, and finally Production. When…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show PR Flow changes in Flow Navigator View

New new Flow Navigator view is really good.
    It is such a shame that I am only able to view flow in flow navigator in comparison view (when creating pull request).
    I would love to be able to open flow in flow navigator directly from teammates open pull requests. That would really speed up reviewing flow changes cuz reading metadata on VCS is not the clearest thing to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Soft delete User accounts

If you ever delete a user then that account can never be used again or added back. Rather than provide a warning with text that not everyone is going to read it would make more sense to not even have the delete option in the first place or do a soft delete where it can be reactivated. We have employees that have left the company and returned so its not an uncommon scenario. If someone leaves or an account gets deletes accidentally it would be nice to have some sort of recovery option then to not allow that email address…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. deploy user records via REST api

Currently there is no way to deploy user records via Gearset because the Data Deployment feature uses the Bulk API. This is painful for those cases when we have sandbox testers that we need to move between sandboxes!! Please add the ability to deploy users via REST API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create releases in Pipelines not at final stage

Right now you can only create releases at the last environment in a Pipeline. We'd like to have 2 stages so we have a true dry-run of deployment. Our pipeline is
    Dev > QA > UAT > Staging > Production

Creation of the release branch before Staging would allow us to effectively cherry-pick what we want deployed into Staging as we get UAT approvals, do a test deployment where QA does a sanity/smoke test and have greater confidence when we get to our Production release.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Expand Notifications Capabilities

Currently 'Notifications' found under 'Settings' in 'My Account' allow for send outs for your owned connections. It would be helpful to have the ability to make notifications for connections that have been delegated to you as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to move existing field to be under another section on layout

If I have multiple sections on my layout.
    I have a specific field under one layout section, but now I changed the layout so the field no is moved to another section.
    Now I can't do that because the compare and deploy forces me to override the existing section where the field is under.
    My intention is to move the field place to be under another section and not delete the other layout section

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to Customize Export Items in Comparison

Currently we are able to Export All of our comparisons. It would be a nice addition to have the ability to customize the export. For instance, as the GearSet user, I would like to be able to export specific items. I would also like to be able to include either the "depends on" or the "used by" items in my export as well as the specific items that are used or depended on.

IE:
    In my export, I have selected Object A, Object B, Object C, Report 1, Report 2, Report 3, Flow X, Flow Y, Flow Z. In total…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add exclusion filters for Pipelines

Currently, the metadata filters in pipeline (CI) jobs are either all of a type of metadata, or a defined subset. There is no option to include all, except for a couple of objects, which is oftentimes required.
    Please consider adding a negative (exclusion) filter for CI jobs, in addition to the existing positive (inclusion) filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "View Validation in Salesforce" to your Github and Teams/Slack Channel messages.

Our pipeline is utilized by some implementation partners that we do not give access to Gearset. They manage their changes that flow through the pipeline with GitHub and receive pipeline updates in a Teams channel. Both of these options have a message to view validation errors in Gearset but the partner teams cannot see Gearset. If these messages included the same "View Validation in Salesforce" option that lives in Gearset, they could be redirected to the Salesforce error page to help their troubleshooting faster.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include DataWeaveResource in comparisons and deployments

DataWeaveResource has been around for a few releases and is deployable via the Metadata API, but is not supported by Gearset yet. Please include this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Persist Selection to Include/Exclude Managed Packages in Compare 2.0

When using the new compare, the default is to exclude managed packages. However, we'd like to always include them, so it would be nice to persist the selection from one compare to the next.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding Identity Settings to Metadata Deployment

Would be nice, if the Identity Settings can be deployed. Currently, every change on any Identity Settings page has to be done manually in each org.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to update the Associated Azure DevOps work item on a successful deployment

Currently within the successful deployment page, you can edit the 'Deployment friendly name' and 'Deployment Notes' which is a very handy feature.

However sometimes we would need to also update the associated work item as the wrong one can be mistakenly associated, this would be a very useful feature for us as a way of correcting such mistakes (that are in fairness rare).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notify when PR is automatically created (e.g. back propagation)

Notify the developer when a Pull Request is automatically created. For example when next pipeline stage is reached and a PR is automatically created or when a back propagation PR is automatically created.
    A comment in related Jira ticket would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bulk resolve merge conflicts

We occasionally run into a situation where there are quite a few files with conflicts to resolve. We almost always are just wanting to accept all changes from the feature (not the environment). This takes an excessive amount of time through the Gearset UI to accept changes in every file. Would it be possible to add a button accepting all changes from feature across the entire PR?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delta comparison between two unit test reports

Hi team. Would be good to have a feature that allows us the comparison between two unit test results. We are interested to export the delta errors from one day to another.

Use case: We are executing deployments for more than 50 pull requests against the same target sandbox, hence regression errors might be introduced throughout the day. We are running nightly unit test jobs and usually, in the morning, we have extra tests which are failing comparing with the previous day.

We are currently exporting the gearset errors from 2 reports, in Excel tables, and compare these ones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add Dashboard owner to Problem Analysis to use user deploying instead in xml ref

Spring '24 Salesforce added ability to change Owner on a Dashboard https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_rd_dashboards_change_owner.htm&release=248&type=5

"Previously, you had to clone or re-create the dashboard to provide access to a new owner."

This can now cause deployment errors when the Owner is changing between environments if the Uesr does not exist, similar to runningUser user references. Problem Analysis accounts for the latter, but not the Owner. Could we add the Owner scenario to this analysis rule?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base