Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. configure which problem analyzer results to use in CI jobs

Being able to configure which problem analyser results to use in CI jobs.

For instance, we can’t deploy any changes to managed packages because the problem analyser will ignore them (even though we have components from a managed package that we can modify and deploy without issues), that would help to reduce our manual steps during deployments.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Apex classes imported into LWC

Ensure that Apex Classes imported in LWC javascript files are included in dependencies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem analysis and deployment failures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop the reordering of XML when deploying to git

At commit to branch, Gearset reorders large chunks of the XML file. This causes additional deltas (seen in the hundreds of lines) and merge conflicts.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Distinguish between code changes and just API metadata changes for Apex in Comparison Window

For large code comparisons, it'd be great to have the ability to see when it's just a change in API vs. actual differences. Right now, you'd have to click on every row to see what the actual change was.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. `Deployment history' User Interface update.

In `Deployment history' it would be great if when you choose a target and it opens in a new window. Deploying 48 packages and it is painful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow merging functionality when two branches are compared

right now, when compare/deploying two branches, Gearset only fetches the new changes and creates a whole new separate commit to be pushed to the targeted branch. This causes the targeted branch to lose track of all previous commits from the source branch and when compared in git, it thinks that the targeted branch is still behind. It would be very useful, especially for admins, to be able to use merge compatibility if and only there is no conflict between the two branches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deployment screen to show which components were selected vs included

When you get to the summary page, often times you will be deploying with the need for sub-components to be included in the package despite them being actual changes.

When you're selecting those items inside the comparison page, it would be helpful to see that total be reflected in the deployment summary page. So if you picked 50 items to deploy but it needed an additional 1,000 components (despite them having No Difference) then we should see those breakdowns on the Deployment Summary

Gearset soft alrt message "Some components with difference type of No difference have been added to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Compare metadata filters

When we have too many metadata filters, it is getting hard to keep track of them and figure out the similarities between them. It would be great to have an option to compare custom metadata filters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reporting

have a way to dump a csv of the description of objects. i need to find a way to see what fields are encrypted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow date range filtering on the "Changed On" column

Currently one has to pick dates individually, if one has 30 + dates to select, this can be massively simplified if one could select a date range.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a column to indicate if XML matches if order doesn't matter

See this link: https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/2413367-why-is-xml-order-of-some-metadata-in-the-comparison-results-different

Sometimes, the XML of an item in sandbox/production can be the same, but not in the same order. This leads to false positives showing up in the list as "changed items".

I understand that sometimes order matters (eg: in picklists) but maybe there could be an additional column which shows if there are no differences if you ignore order? Maybe even a setting to turn the column on and off so it's not confusing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add 'run selected tests' in nightly scheduled Unit Tests Jobs.

We can select which tests run in Validation. It would be great if we could do the same in a nightly monitoring job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow CI deployment notifications to the specific user who made the source control commit that prompted the deployment

We have CI jobs that fire on commits to a source control repository. At the moment, there is no way to email the specific individual who made the commit that prompted the deployment, so we have to notify everyone involved in the project whenever a deployment fails. If we could just notify the individual who made the commit (plus the deployment manager), it would reduce noise considerably.

Please add this feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

Allow individual lines to be selected for inclusion or exclusion of a deployment

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to personalize the report generated at the end of the deployment

I want to send the automatic report generated at the end of the deployment to my client. However, I want to personalize it with the logo of my company or add additional text.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When Field is Deleted Permission Set changes are not recognized for the Field

Let's say we have only one object in the system. Addressc. And we have one Permission Set -> "System Administrator" with only "FieldPermissions" for all fields in the "Addressc" object.

Now I wish to Remove 2 Fields from "FieldPermissions" of the "System Administrator" Permission Set.

1st Field I'm removing just because I do not want the permission to be in the Permission set
    2d Field I'm Removing from Permission Set, as I have physically deleted the Field.

On Compare And Deploy Page I will See Deleted Field and I will see only one Section to be removed from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include support to name space filter to include option to include unlocked packages with no namespace

Currently there is no way to retrieve and compare components belong in an unlocked package with no name space without using the 'include managed package' namespace filter 'all' option.

this might include too many items that I am not interested in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When deploying Data, it would be nice to be able to set field values

When deploying Data, it would be nice to be able to set field values. It could be just to null them or set a value. It could be part of the configuration or data masking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)