Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. When Deploying A Page Layout, Consider Quick Actions to be Dependencies When Checking for Package Issues

Problem analysis doesn't catch if a page layout has a Quick Action that isn't present in the destination. This causes the package to error on send.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Multiple metadata comparison filter selection

Having multiple comparison filters to target specific metadata is handy but sometimes you need some additional components for a deployment (e.g Flow & Custom Fields).

The ability to select more than one metadata comparison filter would be a great help and would save on the number of custom filters created and shared.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Read the PR title and prevent making feature branches for specific PRs against pipeline branches

If Dependabot opens a PR to update, say, a dev-dependency, then Gearset intercepts that and does its thing, including back-propagating that PR. But if I'm making branches from main, all I need is that PR to be merged to main, and it will come along the pipeline with other PRs opened against the beginning of my pipeline.

If you read [skip ci] in the PR title, or perhaps if the PR starts with a specific prefix (like ci or build, which would follow conventional commits) then just let that PR go against main and ignore it.

I have workflow to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow a PR template from GitHub to pre-populate the PR description

There is a feature in GitHub to auto-populate the PR description (forcing, for example, a checklist if using the web UI). If Gearset could read that template and pre-populate the PR description so users have to put in specific comments (such as manual steps to be done after deployment) and if that description were exposed in GitHub, then it would be more seamless and the deployment history would enable an admin to work through each manual step without looking in closed PRs in Gearset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't include Wave dataflow deletes in package when Recipe is included

When deploying deletes of Wave recipes, if you include the Dataflow at the same time, Salesforce will fail validation with a DataFlow not found error. GearSet should be smart enough to build the package without the Dataflow if the corresponding Recipe is marked for delete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Quick Deploy when merging multiple PRs using Pipelines

currently when merging multiple prs using pipelines the merged package validates and then the prs are merged, the resulting deployment then revalidates even though quick deploy is an option, can we use quick deploy when available like was enabled in the ci jobs?

this would save time by avoiding double validation and make the feature more usefull.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When Problem Analyzer adds Fields, Add Profile Permissions Too

Currently the problem analyzer will identify missing fields. However, it doesn't prompt or allow you to add the permissions for the fields. So, you either have to go back, manually add all fields as Selected, or push the package and then go back manually and add permissions for all fields. It should prompt to add both the fields and the permissions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Azure Repositories, maintain owner when changing PR to gs-pipelines

When dealing with Azure Repository, the owner of the gs-pipeline PR is always the user used for authentication. Any way to include the original owner would be helpful since the messaging is lost this way

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Approve Pull Requests from Gearset

Currently you have to navigate from Gearset to Github using the link from the Pull Request to approve a Pull Request. While functional, this requires going to an external system for an important Git functionality. This also creates a bit more complexity for non-technical users. If we could approve PRs directly from Gearset, that would be awesome!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Schedule Delta CI Job to Run at Specific Time

I would like the ability to schedule a Delta CI Deployment Job at a specific time. We have a requirement to deploy at weird times every once in a while.
    Code gets merged into our MAIN branch > Delta CI Deployment Job is disabled > click "run" on the job at specific time.

It would be great if someone didn't have to wake up at 3am to click the "run" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yellow help icon

i love the help you guys provide, really great.
    Suggestion.. The yellow circle that you open and drop down.
    1) can you move it to the header, and if there is a pending message show the yellow circle with a number in it ( number is count of pending messages )
    2) can you make it a separate window model? typically when i am chatting, i need to see the entire screen and the current pinned model is usually in the way and i need to click the arrow to get rid of it.
    If i could drag the window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automate creation of a release, which includes several stories

Within pipelines, provide the ability to validate multiple Pull Requests (PRs) in one shot (i.e. release), so that this release could be deployed to production, for example, using Salesforce's Quick Deploy feature. This would be very handy when getting ready for a production release and I need to validate my release the day before. Thus, on the day of the release, I would simply Quick Deploy it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copy reviewers to the cloned promotion branch PR in Pipelines (Bitbucket)

When Pipelines creates a promotion branch and copies a PR that was opened in Bitbucket, it does not copy the reviewers. This means reviewers have no way in the Bitbucket UI to filter for PRs that they're assigned to review.

Further, since all the cloned PRs are authored by the Pipeline owner, the lack of reviewers on top of that makes it quite difficult to visually differentiate between the list of open PRs, especially if you're both someone who creates & reviews PRs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to turn rules/processes off as needed with ability to rollback

There are times when need to update data or load data into Salesforce org and need to turn off rules or processes before updating data or loading the data. When doing a data deployment, GearSet has this ability, and I would like to have this ability to do this without a data deployment. Ability to turn off Validation Rules, Required Fields, Restricted Picklist, Workflow Rules, Flows/Process Builders, and Triggers one by one or turn off all. Then roll back once finished updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ignore changes deployed to orgs from Gearset in Data Monitoring jobs

I would like to be able to monitor changes made to tracked metadata in our Production org, but without the "noise" generated from normal deployment changes (made via Gearset deployments). Basically, I want to catch changes made directly to Production that are unaccounted for in source control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Introduce Import/Export feature for Custom Filters

Expose the underlying JSON/XML for Custom Filters so that we can export it, modify it in a text editor either by hand or with python scripts, then load it back into the custom filter.

For example I have my main CI filter with 50ish metadata types, and every other filter is a subset which I establish by cloning the "master" filter and deselecting metadata types. Whenever I make a change to the master filter I am forced to nuke all the the "detail" filters and recreate them off the master using the above approach.

So many clicks. My preference would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When cloning a deployment, also clone the test settings

When I'm cloning a deployment, if in the original one I have selected specific test classes, by default have those selected again in the clone.

Often you either need to repeat a deployment, or you'll deploy several times between instances, with the same tests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Release Branches

If I create a Release Branch from UAT, I no longer need all the individual Feature branches.

Inspired by Gitflow and the current Gearset Expanded Branching Model.

Currently: The Expanded Branching Model will create a Feature Branch PR to main for every Feature branch that is merged to UAT branch.

Desired: When I create a Release branch from the UAT branch, then Gearset should close all the current Feature Branch PRs to Main Branch - if and only if the Feature branch was already merged to the UAT branch.

Related to: https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/46150366-branch-pattern-matching

This is related to branch pattern matching because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?