Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1130 results found

1. Ability to delete app visibility

As per the official reply from Gearset support

".....The issue is, if you manually delete the app, all the app visibilities will be deleted as well. But when using Gearset to delete the app visibilities, they are not completely deleted but set to false. The best workaround for this is to manually delete the xml from your git branch. ..."

If Gearset can incorporate this feature, it would be nice.

The workaround is not that hard as it may sound. 4 apps in 60 profiles takes about 10 mins to mass-find and mass-replace in VS Code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make filter to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level and expand the components

Can I ask Gearset team to add filter in compared components to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level (e.g. custom objects or profiles).
    For example, in the filter to compare metadata I selected certain custom tab (in the profile the access to the tab was deleted), also selected certain profiles, but serching through the compared metadata list I spent hours and did not manage to find those components for deployment package.
    The same is for object access. I selected certain object, selected certain profiles - and again, it's a hard quest to find necessary components…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Backup data search feature should allow wildcards

Current the backup/restore search feature is an exact match search only. It would be great to use wild cards or to select "contains" "starts with" "ends with" or simply allow the user to use % to achieve the same.

For example if I wanted to search for the account Willy Wonky Chocolate Factory, with the exact match I have to know the exact name, but with wild card I could search for %Chocolate% and get all accounts backed up with Chocolate in their name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable Field Level Mapping for Data Deployments

Currently there is no field mapping option available for Data Deployment of Objects. This is a big blocker if we want to migrate selective fields data across Salesforce instances.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include "Messages reported by Salesforce" during Metadata Deployment in the final report

During a metadata deployment, on the "deployment in progress" screen, there is a column for "message reported by salesforce".

I think these should be included in the final results screen, and perhaps in the deployment report.

These can be useful for the user to do things like make changes to their flows to conform to salesforce best practices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When merging a Pull Request that is linked to an Azure DevOps work item, indicate the user who performed the merge

Currently, when a PR is merged into an Org (and the PR is linked to an Azure DevOps item), a discussion comment is added to the DevOps item documenting the merge. However, there is no indication in the comment to document the user who performed the merge. The Author of the comment appears to be the owner of the pipeline, not the user who performed the merge. My suggestion is to either make the author of the comment the person who performed the merge, OR in the content of the comments, add a line to indicate "Merged By: [Name of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. retain validation history for CI jobs

When a pull request is created against a branch that triggers a CI job, a validation is run. Sometimes, this validation hits errors and adjustments need to be made to the metadata filter and/or problem analyzer template until the validation succeeds. However, once the PR is promoted and the CI job successfully fires, the validation history for that PR is no longer accessible. It would be useful to be able to retain that validation history, as it would help to do further investigation into the validation errors that were hit after the fact.

There is not always time during a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide deployment options for Mulesoft via Gearset

As Gearset does Salesforce based deployments so well, it would be great to have Mule deployments done through Gearset as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide Audit Report of Org Connections and Who Access Has Been Delegated To

It would be great if we could pull an audit report that shows all of our Salesforce connections that are set up in Gearset and who has been delegated what level of access to each of them. This would help us to prove out segregation of duty for auditors by showing who has ever had access to deploy to production.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow automated unit test execution to run tests synchronously

When unit tests are run in parallel you can often get intermittent errors such as UNABLETOLOCK_ROW. When running tests from Salesforce you are able to specify running tests synchronously which takes longer but prevents conflicts between tests. Can this option be added to Gearset for the automated test running?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to assign Data Deployment Entitlement through Shared Connections

We have a central Gearset Owner who setup our various orgs using a dedicated Integration User in each org. They then shared the connections with Gearset Users so the credentials remain hidden.

However, this only delegates metadata deployment entitlement, not data deployment. To allow data deployment, a User needs to remove the shared connection and set up the org connection themselves.

Data Deployment Entitlement should be managed as part of the shared connection, as well as Metadata Deployment Entitlement. This will maintain the ability for central management and also keep org credentials secure.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export and Import Gearset metadata filters to other Gearset instances

This idea feels relevant to Gearset customers that are consultants or in professional services teams.

Our team will be managing multiple instances of Gearset for various clients. During the initial setup and also over the long term maintenance of those instances, it would be ideal to standardize the custom metadata filters being used. The base filters would be the same starting point for all instances, because of the references to namespaces and certain metadata types involved in our projects.

Currently, the filters will need to be part of the post-instance setup steps. It would be ideal to be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deploy monitor results changes to target org directly from the compare screen

I get the a monitoring results email. When I click it it takes me to the comparison screen
    Right now to deploy those changes I have to go to Monitoring > Filter by name > View History > Select the right one > Deploy changes to target org.

Those are 5 clicks to get to a place I just was in! It would be great if I could deploy the changes to the target org directly from the screenshot comparing screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for Scheduled Comparisons

Like Monitoring Jobs, allow users to choose a source, target, and metadata filter, and schedule when a comparison runs.

The primary goal of this would be time savings. To have that data already retrieved and cached so you can go in, make your selections, and move toward deployment more quickly. Possible applications include recurring deployments, planning out your workday, etc. This addition would be for non-Integration users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Local Metadata ignored if name collides across an unlocked package namespace

Current Behavior:
    During PR validation of an lwc component named "utils", Gearset reports no changes and runs validation against target org with 0 components because there is a Namespaced Unlocked Package in the target that also has an lwc component named "utils". This can be seen in the "Problem Analysis Results" within the Validation Details for the PR.

Expected Behavior:
    Gearset should not diff my local components against components that are behind a namespace. Even when those namespaced components are in an unlocked package. Perhaps Gearset should treat namespaced unlocked package components more like managed package components.

This is related…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ClickUp integration would be awesome!

My company uses ClickUp to manage tickets, would be great if there was integration with Gearset as that would save me copy/pasting ticket references into the deployment descriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add RecordType support for PersonAccount

Problem analyzer is always trying to remove my picklist values from any RecordTypes on PersonAccount. I am forced to use a custom "Problem analyzer template" where "Remove picklists from record type" is disabled.

Suppose I have a field called pickme: Account.Pickme--pc | Contact.Pickme--c it shows up in the record type XML as Pickme--c, and it seems like gearset tries to find a picklist on account with that exact API name, which will of course fail. My ask is that rather than raising an error at this point, GS should repeat this check on the contact object where it would find…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement Data migration support for nCino

nCino is a native Salesforce application for banking customers, configured using records, similar to how CPQ is configured. Deploying the data based configuration from environment to environment can be very difficult and painful. This would be a valuable feature for every nCino customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. quote term

For CPQ Quote Term, the name column only shows "Approved" which is not meaningful.
    Please switch to using the "Name" field which is a auto generated number (e.g. QT-0209) that is displayed in the user interface and therefore a meaningful identifier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add configurable email reminders for scratch org expiration.

From Salesforce orgs and Dev Hubs, it would be great if there were a setting that would automatically send an email when a scratch org is approaching expiration. This could be configurable per Dev Hub, and would help prevent data loss at scratch org expiration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base