Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1139 results found

1. Allow Filters to be Customised in Pipelines UI

Currently, you can create new filters in Compare & Deploy, but when you are comparing and deploying from within the Pipelines UI on your development org, you can only select existing ones. This either means you have to get your team to go into standard Compare & Deploy to set up specific filters first, or they always have to select the filter that includes everything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change language to focus less on Source Controls and be more user friendly

Gearset is great for non-technical users or those that find Source Control daunting. However, the terminology used in Source Control has leaked over to Gearset, and I think this detracts from the useful aspects of it, and at times just makes it feel like an extension of Source Control.
    e.g. "Create Pull Request" in the Pipeline UI should be labelled something more friendly like "Request Feature Deployment"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hide the "Create Pull Request" button on Deployment Success Screen

Currently, we are setting our team up to use Pipelines, which has the benefit of guiding users down the pipeline in the right way (they can't create a pull request from a qa branch straight to main without going to uat for example). However, when they perform a commit from an org to a feature branch, the Deployment Success (commit success) screen has a button that allows them to create a Pull Request directly to any branch that they want. There should be an option to hide this from users, especially given the benefit of only being able to move…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to let us configure the default metadata filter by deployment pipeline configuration

Can we please have a possibility to configure the "standard" metadata filter by each deployment pipeline project?

I think it is currently preselected by the last used metadata filter from the standard comparison.

As we usually have a specific metadata filter configured by deployment pipeline project, it would be great that we can configure each project with a default one..

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow field level granularity in CI Jobs

Would like the possibly to set up a CI job that only syncs a sub-set of fields on a custom object. For example, we have an org to org sync where we want to update picklist fields but not autonumber fields. Currently we are running this job manually twice a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. xml formatting support for Illuminated Cloud

I would like to see support in the 'XML quote escaping style' for Illuminted Cloud (and potentially other IDE Vendors)
    I am struggling currently as my Admins use gearset for source control commits and my developers use Webstorm and Illuminated Cloud which causes conflicts (generally with the utf/UTF issues but some others as well around validation rules and some formula fields).
    Ideally, If a team standardizes around one IDE then all they have to do is come in to that setting and set it to what the IDE does as a default and then you wouldn't get any conflicts with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable admin visibility into a Gearset team member's shared orgs

As a Salesforce implementation partner (SI) I have a lot of organizations to manage, well over 50. Each time a new org is added, I can go through and add all the users to that org, but whenever a new person is added to my team, I have to go through each connection and add that user to the list.

As the owner, I would also like to be able to see all the shared orgs inside my account, so I can centrally manage them, rather than just the ones that team members may have added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import .csv data to avoid using tools like Data Loader, dataloader.io or Workbench

It would be useful to be able to import data with Gearset from a .csv, so that I wouldn't have to use tools like Data Loader (newest versions are extremely buggy on macOS), Workbench or pay for a separate tool like dataloader.io.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to validate a feature branch as a whole without having to select the Metadata type

It looks like the current validation jobs setup in Gearset needs the Metadata Type to be explicitly selected to perform the validation. This should ideally be optional and there should be a capability to just validate everything that is there in the feature branch against the target org. It's really annoying for us that we have to select the Metadata Types to be validated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow record data load from CSV file

While it is nice to deploy record data from org to org with Gearset, it would also be nice to be able to deploy data from a CSV file, with the ability to custom map the headers. Native Salesforce Dataloader has this capability, as well as many 3rd party tools out there. Please incorporate this capability into Gearset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent deployed validated packages from being deployed subsequent times

Currently, after you deploy a validated package it no longer appears under the Validated Packages menu, however, if you still have the link for the validated package and navigate to that package it doesn't give you any indication that the package has already been deployed and allows the user to click the Deploy button again, assuming they have deploy permissions on the target org connection.

As part of our production deployment approval process, we store the link to the validated package in our external ticketing system (https://app.gearset.com/validated-package-details?deployPackageId=<package id here>). When completing the ticket, users use that link to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Setup using Github Enterprise edition although behind a Proxy

I am running a Github Enterprise edition, but have to configure using custom git setup.

Using the Github Enterprise connection setup, I was able to connect; however cloning the repository failed as the http request to list repositories returns the private host name instead of the proxied one.

Clone functionality works when using the Custom Git link; however it limits our ability to make pull requests and it also requires entry of Username and Password instead of OAuth which is a security concern.

Create a feature which allows the hostname initially entered in Enterprise Setup to be used in favor…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more than one instance of Jira to be connected to.

It would be great to have the capability to connect to more than one instance of Jira. We are switching to a different instance and we have to delete and recreated the Jira connections each time we switch instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow account admins to run reports on their team's usage of Gearset.

I am managing a Gearset account and I need to be able to know who is using Gearset and who isn't so I can more properly assign licenses.

This might be an Enterprise feature, https://app.gearset.com/account/account-report, but really should just be something an account admin can run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automate Salesforce org connection on sandbox refresh

When we refresh our sandbox orgs, we have to reconnect the gearset user, would it be possible to use JWT to auto connect to the org?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Gearset more responsive via web design

Currently when doing deployments I have realized when i migrate to a smaller screen that gearset isn't super responsive and sometimes i have to drag it back to my larger monitor. This was really highlighted when I was attempting to deploy some metadata from my phone (mac was updating).
    Please make gearset more responsive so I can deploy from my phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Require a Deployment Friendly name

Add option to require a Deployment Friendly name, similar to the current settings to require deployment notes and Jira tickets

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pull Request From Deployment History

Making a pull request via Gearset is only available from the Compare & Deploy Flow.

I'd the link to make a pull request available from deployment history so that users can make the pull request to the various Git/Salesforce environments.

Currently, I am telling my users to note the deployment id for their comparison and hit the link. This appears to work, but isn't user friendly.

https://app.gearset.com/finished?deploymentId={deploymentId}&notify=true

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show me where the Salesforce Release Changes are in the metadata files.

As a gearset user, I want a guide to the location of metadata components created by Salesforce in each new release so that I don't have to guess and look for the metadata 3 times per year when Salesforce publishes changes to their platform.
    Please user your business relationships with product owners at Salesforce to submit this story idea on behalf of clients everywhere.
    For example, today I was looking for metadata, if any, created by enabling permission set expiration dates in my sandbox. This won't be availabe in production until release on 10/7 but I was curious if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to deploy directly from environment variables.

This feature would allow me to setup each sandbox environment after doing a refresh from production.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base