Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. ClickUp integration would be awesome!

My company uses ClickUp to manage tickets, would be great if there was integration with Gearset as that would save me copy/pasting ticket references into the deployment descriptions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Schedule Delta CI Job to Run at Specific Time

I would like the ability to schedule a Delta CI Deployment Job at a specific time. We have a requirement to deploy at weird times every once in a while.
    Code gets merged into our MAIN branch > Delta CI Deployment Job is disabled > click "run" on the job at specific time.

It would be great if someone didn't have to wake up at 3am to click the "run" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Yellow help icon

i love the help you guys provide, really great.
    Suggestion.. The yellow circle that you open and drop down.
    1) can you move it to the header, and if there is a pending message show the yellow circle with a number in it ( number is count of pending messages )
    2) can you make it a separate window model? typically when i am chatting, i need to see the entire screen and the current pinned model is usually in the way and i need to click the arrow to get rid of it.
    If i could drag the window…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrate with Linear

Linear is quickly becoming the new Jira for today's technology and engineering teams. It should be considered an important integration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to turn rules/processes off as needed with ability to rollback

There are times when need to update data or load data into Salesforce org and need to turn off rules or processes before updating data or loading the data. When doing a data deployment, GearSet has this ability, and I would like to have this ability to do this without a data deployment. Ability to turn off Validation Rules, Required Fields, Restricted Picklist, Workflow Rules, Flows/Process Builders, and Triggers one by one or turn off all. Then roll back once finished updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Sync environment" automation

On the pipeline, the action of "Sync environment" is currently a manual action. It could be useful to have an automation of this action (like the back-propagation) after each Production Deployment. This step is a little bit time consuming and can be easily missed. If we had an automatic creation of this synchronization PR on each CI Job it would make the processus more fluid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When cloning a deployment, also clone the test settings

When I'm cloning a deployment, if in the original one I have selected specific test classes, by default have those selected again in the clone.

Often you either need to repeat a deployment, or you'll deploy several times between instances, with the same tests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make filter to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level and expand the components

Can I ask Gearset team to add filter in compared components to search through all the components which are hidden under 1st level (e.g. custom objects or profiles).
    For example, in the filter to compare metadata I selected certain custom tab (in the profile the access to the tab was deleted), also selected certain profiles, but serching through the compared metadata list I spent hours and did not manage to find those components for deployment package.
    The same is for object access. I selected certain object, selected certain profiles - and again, it's a hard quest to find necessary components…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Release Branches

If I create a Release Branch from UAT, I no longer need all the individual Feature branches.

Inspired by Gitflow and the current Gearset Expanded Branching Model.

Currently: The Expanded Branching Model will create a Feature Branch PR to main for every Feature branch that is merged to UAT branch.

Desired: When I create a Release branch from the UAT branch, then Gearset should close all the current Feature Branch PRs to Main Branch - if and only if the Feature branch was already merged to the UAT branch.

Related to: https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/46150366-branch-pattern-matching

This is related to branch pattern matching because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Gearset doesnt support Versioned Dataraptors for vlocity deployment

Gearset doesnt support Versioned Dataraptors for vlocity deployment.
    Details provided to Valerio Chang

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to run sfdx force source status command for metadata deployment

It would be great if, when comparing an org to a repository, we could run the status command (sfdx force:source:status) to see the difference between a Salesforce org and the repository.

This command provides a list of files that changed to the user instead of performing a full (and tedious) comparison between the source and the target.

Having a list of changed files would make it easier for a user to see what change they made in an org, make it easier for them to not miss a file and would make comparison so much faster (since you would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link to the Salesforce Validation in Progress from the Pipeline

When I deploy using the standard deploy interface, there is a link that allows me to view the deploy progress in Salesforce.

In pipelines, I would like this same feature. When a deploy has been running for a while, it's useful to know where it is in the process and a quick link would be quite nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Branch Pattern Matching

I want to use branch pattern matching to map CI Jobs to specific types of branches in my repository.

main
    uat
    dev
    feature/*
    release/*
    hotfix/*
    chore/*

Each of these branch types can have different CI Jobs associated with them. Or in the case of a chore/*, maybe I want those branches to Skip CI Validation because it is an ops branch that doesn't contain any Salesforce components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sandbox Deployment With 0 Components

Running a deployment into a Sandbox or Prod that has 0 components is a waste of time and resources.

If a deployment has 0 components in it, either
    1. There's a problem because I was expecting greater than zero (so throw an error), or...
    2. I want to run tests, and theres a different command for that (I shouldn't be executing a deployment just to run tests).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pipeline CI jobs where deployment is disabled should capture validation job history

If you have a Pipeline CI job configured to be Run Job = disabled; you can still promote PRs and run validations (which is great). But the validation job history is not preserved under the CI job. In fact, AFAIK, it can't be found at all except for the current promotion's vcalidation

This would enable one to diagnose validation fails - perhaps due to problem analyzer automations. It would aid in communicating with support (as such validations could be shared)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Button for 'All the Differences' that gives all additions, deletions, and changes

I'd love to have a button for 'all the things' (new, changed, and deleted). Currently, every time I run a compare, I use the All button and then turn off 'No Difference' on type.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Incorporate Relationship Graph into metadata deployment

Right now is it not possible to deploy Relationship Graph metadata according to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_relationshipgraphdefinition.htm with Gearset. This metadata is required for the so called Actionable Relationship Center, which is part of Financial Services Cloud. Even though the meta data is available in the Vlocity filter in Gearset, the items we are looking for doesn't fall under that one. If selected, no meta data get retrieved and therefore no deployment happens.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Local Metadata ignored if name collides across an unlocked package namespace

Current Behavior:
    During PR validation of an lwc component named "utils", Gearset reports no changes and runs validation against target org with 0 components because there is a Namespaced Unlocked Package in the target that also has an lwc component named "utils". This can be seen in the "Problem Analysis Results" within the Validation Details for the PR.

Expected Behavior:
    Gearset should not diff my local components against components that are behind a namespace. Even when those namespaced components are in an unlocked package. Perhaps Gearset should treat namespaced unlocked package components more like managed package components.

This is related…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to test restoring of backup data periodically

It will be nice to have option to automate and test restoring of backup data periodically into a sandbox. Since it is going to be restoring production data to sandbox, there should be options to restore chunk of production data (due to the storage limitation with sandbox) and the metadata.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?