Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1228 results found

1. Integrate with Rally as an option in addition to JIRA/ADO

We have customers who use Rally to manage their requirements similar to how many use Jira. Would be great to have this capability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Retrieve Metadata into local environment (e.g. using VSCode pluging)

This would make the integration of Version Control and Gearset nicer. Where now user has to go to Gearset deploy to a feature branch, afterwards, go to VSCode pull from the feature branch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Rolling back deployment made by CI JOB

Currently it is possible to roll back a deployment made by CI Job, though that rollback will only be performed to the specified Org. Hence, other Orgs have to be rolled back individually.

Use case: I have propagated changed from my Sandbox to Staging. An issue was identified that requires a substantial amount of work where that feature cannot be included in the next deployment to production, hence it needs to be removed from Staging. Though, other sandboxes back propagated that feature because they assumed it should work.

It would be amazing if the rollback used Github commits, so the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove/Deactivate new feature for batch comparison

A few weeks ago, Gearset added a new feature to officially make the comparison faster, by showing already results of first batch and add the rest later on.

This feature makes it much more difficult to do comparisons. First of all, I don't see any benefit. I still need to wait for the whole comparison to finish, because I still need to now, what has changed. Why should I look into the first things, when I need to look into it again, after the rest is compared. So before I can select anything, I need to wait the whole time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add More Granular Control over Email Notifications

Allow users to enable/disable categories of email notifications at the user level. E.g. success emails for monitoring jobs, deploy succeeded/failed emails, etc.

Alternatively, or possibly in addition, allow users to "mass-edit" job notification settings, so we don't have to edit each one individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UI Change: On any pop-up page using Source Control, auto-expand to show Create Branch button

On a monitor job (and probably elsewhere), clicking "Deploy To" and then selecting Version Control target, you get a default branch, typically master. If you click the link to Create a new Branch from Master - you input the name of your new branch, but the Create Branch button is hidden below the display and you need to scroll down to show it. The Start Comparison button is where the Create Branch button should be, so you end up starting your comparison instead of creating the branch first. Suggesting to change the pop-out window to expand to show both buttons…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show Formula Comparisons line by line

When comparing formulas (in validations, formula fields, workflow criteria...) the comparison should be done line by line.

Considering the whole formula a block and only showing that "something" has changed in the formula is not useful when looking for conflicts between environments.

When pushing changes between environments, admins are checking to make sure they are not overwriting other changes with their update. They most probably know the formula has changed (that was their job) but they need to ensure no unwanted changes are added/deleted from the target environment.

In long formulas with many lines (potentially >100) it's not easy to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared"

Unify the message when you authenticate an org with a username that has been shared. It uses the term "delegated" instead of "shared". This could be confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort Validation Only CI Jobs

In the CI Job page, you can sort the top-level jobs by different columns (Job Name, Source, Target, etc...) but you can't sort the actual instances of that job.

We can get up to 30 PRs that are all being validated, and it would be nice to be able to sort them in some controllable way. It seems to rearrange them in whatever way it feels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be Able to deploy Portal Sharing Settings and Organisation Wider Default Sharing Settings at the same time

For example if attempting to deploy
    OWD permission Read -> Private, and Portal Sharing Set None -> Read. Gearset will fail validation due to SF complaining that Portal Sharing Settings cannot grant Read permission, since OWD is already giving that access.
    Though what SF sees is that Portal Sharing Set is trying to give Read when it already has that access.

Therefore, if I want to make the deployment then I would have to do in 2 steps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Data Deployment to handle more complex structures

Currently, user is able to select Obj A, Obj B that references Obj A, Obj C that references Obj B. And, in the next step of data deployment it allows user to select Objects where Obj A, B or C, and objects references by those objects.

If we ignore above example, I want to be able to select: objA(id), objB(id, objA), objC(id, objB, objD), objD(Id), objE(Id, objD). Where the first object I select and everything else is filtered on is objA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Activity Task Event field level security validation in Profile

Hi Gearset Team,

I would like to have a metadata validation for profile field level security involving Activity, Task, Event object as they are related to each other in Salesforce.

For example:
    If we do a retrieve for Activity, Task, Event object along with profile. In the profile metadata it would specify this:
    <fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Task.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

However, if there were to be a mistake in the profile metadata and we commit them in version control it is detected as a 'new item' in Compare and Deploy

<fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Activity.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

When we select this new changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Warn if source version is greater than the version of the target org.

Often, salesforce will deploy the latest API version to sandbox orgs before production orgs. Therefore it's easy to use API version 55 in your sandbox and then get a failure message when you try to deploy it to your production org which is at version 54. Unfortunately, you have to start to validate your deploy before you get this message. This could be a pre-deployment issue that you can notified right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a better error when "invalid or null picklist values" is thrown.

"invalid or null picklist values" is thrown and i have too many picklists to figure out which one is the issue. Please provide speicific fields that are causing errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show JIRA Title when selecting tickets to post to

As a release manager, when I go to select the JIRA tickets to associate to, I need to be able to see not just the ticket number, but also the Title to allow me to select the correct tickets without having to guess or consult another resource or use trial and error.

Currently there looks like this idea was implemented in Pipelines, but that interface is somewhat broken, and typing in the full number does not result in the ticket showing up, could use some love, but is the right idea for providing context.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Archiving and restore process

Data archiving for storing records that can be easily accessed when marked as archived at an off-premise location. A backup and restore would be overkill when there is a need to store only partial records or a combination of fields from records in different objects. Restoring to a new object that does not interfere with existing objects would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delegate Access by Comparison

Provide an additional delegate access option: be able to grant this at a comparison level to a user vs at the org level (situation is predominately experienced for Production comparisons/deployments). Granting access at an org level gives too much access (CI jobs, etc) for some users so it would be ideal to have a narrower scope.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. See when a commit validation was deployed or not (For CI validation Jobs)

When you go to the validation only CI jobs section within the Continues Integration part we usually have a CI job targeting a prod environment, you can see all validations succeeded and the commit attached to such validation, each CI job run contains 3 options:
    View comparison
    View Summary
    Deploy

Then if the validation passed and the code indeed was merged from the feature branch to the master branch (Which would have triggered the actual CI job run), how would you be able to identify wether a merged pull request was deployed or not within gearset?

For me it's very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View on GitHub for custom git repository

Offer the option to "View on GitHub" for custom git repositories in Commit successful screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create JIRA ticket when CI Job runs sucessfully

I undrestand that gearset can update status, comment and attach report to an existing JIRA ticket once a deployment is successful, but it would be nice to have a feature that would automatically create a JIRA ticket once the CI Job runs, and deployment is successful, for reporting and internal auditing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base