Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CI/CV job archiving

Create a mechanism by which CI and CV jobs can be archived, but not deleted. Sometimes there is a job that is not used, but the history needs to be kept for some period of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for cross-object mapping with the data deployment add-on

It would be so powerful to allow users to map data to different objects using the data deployment tool. It would allow us to move data efficiently between orgs that don't have completely aligned object APIs and metadata.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview of records for data deployment

It would be great either via the UI or a downloadable file/CSV, if we could see all the records that will be migrated in the data deployment. We're able to see the list of successful or failed records after the fact, it'd be nice to see the list of proposed records before hand. This would help identify if we're in the correct ballpark, say 500 records vs. 5000, and not knowing that until after the deployment gets attempted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add an account based autonumber field to deployment that could be used as a friendly reference

This could be automatically prefixed to friendly name of the deployment.

Sth like "000035"

Could be a simple counter (that I see you have implemented "This is your NNth deployment...").

If the autonumber would pop up automatically then I would not need to figure out a reference and type it myself.

Currently, info that potentially could be used: datetime (too long) , url (way too long)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to retry Deployment after failure

Currently, if your deployment fails you have two options:

1. Click "back to results"

2. Click "new comparison"

Going with option 1 means it needs to re-load the comparison and then click next and re-run all the analyzers again which can take a varying amount of time depending on the size of the comparison/deployment.

In situations where the deployment failed, but the fix is to change something in the org manually - it'd be great to have an option to simply "retry deployment" from the failed deployment screen and skip the various screens and re-loading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Desktop notification when deployment is complete

When you launch a deployment to a target org the browser tab (which will be one of many in your browser) shows Depl...

Since the user is multi-tasking, it would be helpful to add a desktop notification and change the browser tab to alert user when deployment is done (like what Gearset does when a comparison is completed)

This could be a D ✅ or D ❌ depending on whether deploy succeeded or failed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Export SFDC Fields into a CSV File

Would it be possible to get a feature where we can download the fields into a csv file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use external script/template for masking data

I would love to be able to use my own script/template when doing just data (not having the compliance option) to select what fields I want to mask and the format for how I want to mask them. I will explain more.

When doing a data deployment (data seeding) to our developer sandboxes, I would like to be able to use an external script/template for masking data. In my script/template would like to be able to set the format for the masking and how much of the value to mask. For instance maybe I want to mask a phone number…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gearset to be added to a connect app

The ability to use Salesforce as an Identity Provider and have gearset be added as a connected app so the user would be forced to sign in with SSO and select when they sign in from salesforce

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Apply masking of certain data across backups GDPR compliance

It would be great if records that were marked with certain GDPR attributes, possibly 'GDPR Removal = TRUE' that the backups could apply arbitrary data masking across all historical backups for email and phone number fields

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data backup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show the name of the draft I am working on

Would be nice to see the name of the draft I'm working on while I'm working on it. Oftentimes working on multiple things at once, this can get really confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rename drafts after they're created

It would be really nice to be able to rename drafts after they've been created. Sometimes users will name things differently, and it would be nice to be able to clean this up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like the ability to change filtered metadata to their API names

I recently had an internal business conversation to clarify what would and wouldn't be included in our new CI/CD process leveraging gearset to push to orgs. When we had this conversation we used the Metadata API names to discuss and then when I went to implement it in Gearset I saw that the filters are actually some translated 'friendly' names.
    This is of course fine for most use cases, but it made it really difficult to make sure nothing is being missed when setting up the CI/CD filter type.

I would kindly ask that you implement some switch to allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to import/export translations using .stf file using greaset

Currently gearset allows to deploy translations from one org to another org, however we do not have an option to do the translations using .stf file /excel for the fisrt time in any one of the org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add additional controls to Monitor

Hello Gearset,
    We are exploring using the "Monitoring" functionality to audit our Salesforce production metadata changes for our IT Controls. It looked promising until we found out that anyone on the team can edit any monitor job setting, which creates a loophole in the controls that we can't monitor the monitor.
    So I'm curious to learn from Gearset whether any of the following can be done/requested:
    * Can we limit the Monitor jobs to only be editable by the person who created it?
    * Can we show either an audit history or LastModifedBy/LastModifiedTime of the Monitor job?
    * If the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make fail job optional for warning PMD analyses

As a developer leader, I don't want the job to fail if I get a warning from PMD. But I want to be notified if the code has any warning.
    I would like the failure for warnings to be optional. But always be warned that it has flaws.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select the fields to deploy during a data deployment

Hi we use the data deployment feature is it possible to only select some fields to deploy data from one org to another and not always all the fields on an object.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Friendly name should be surfaced on the deployment summary page.

The Friendly Name should be surfaced on the deployment summary page, either as a row in the "Summary" section or in its own section, similar to Deployment Notes.

We often track deployments by saving links to the deployment summary. But there is not an easy way to grab the friendly name if we want to search the deployment report; for example to combine packages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display API name and friendly name of permissions within Analyzer messages

when Gearset Analyzer tells you that you should consider removing a permission from the deployment, it displays the API name of the permission but often this doesn't tell you what item in the Setup UX you need to check on

example:

ContentHubUser is actually the permission for Files Connect Cloud My suggestion is that Gearset take advantage of this resource http://www.fishofprey.com/2020/10/mappings-between-salesforce-permission.html and display both the API name and the UX name in parens - such as :
    ContentHubUser (Files Connect Cloud)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem analysis and deployment failures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base