Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CI dashboard: Show commitId when job is in flight; Show queued commitIds

On CI Dashboard page, a CI job in flight (deploying/validating) should show the commitId that triggered it (if any) PLUS show all pending CI jobs.

Reason: If two developers are sequentially merging to a shared branch tied to the CI org (and webhook is setup to run immediately), then the first developer's merge starts CI job 1 while the second developer's job is queued.

Yet, from the CI job page there is no way to even tell which commit to the branch is running (so as to clue the developer that his/her job is running vs queued. Commit message would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add a wrning

when adding filters in the manage custom filters section can you a check to see if the contents look like regex, and the type selected is "object name" can you pop up a warning aong the lines of "Are you sure you don't want a regex filter?"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support integration with OKTA

Salesforce orgs that have OKTA as a SSO Identify Provider cannot seem to be connected to Gearset using SF Authentication. Therefore is makes it impossible to do Monitoring and Tests.

Please look into supporting OKTA SSO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create Change set without comparison

Allow user to directly create a change set without doing the comparison. If user has a list of items that needs to be migrated then allow the user to add items and skip comparison step.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide integration with WebexTeams

We moved from Slack to WebexTeams and have lost the ability to post deployment notifications from Gearset. Here's an article about Webex Bots: https://developer.webex.com/docs/bots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Options to pick only selected custom labels metadata for salesforce.

Since the custom labels metadata can’t be picked individually, the Gearset compare and validate process would pull in all custom label changes. This would be a concern if we want to withhold any particular custom labels from being pushed to higher environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Comparisons and difference visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Optimize "Refresh Comparison" to only pull metadata that has been changed since the last comparison

Currently, clicking Refresh Comparison does not optimize the comparison in any way, it just allows you to skip selecting some of the configuration steps from running a new comparison.

This means that it takes the same amount of time actually comparing the orgs.

It would be nice if on clicking of "refresh comparison" the logic didn't run a full compare and instead just looked at metadata that had been changed since the last compare in order to reduce the comparison time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to discard chunks/certain changes before deploying to target

For example I'm on the diff screen and I see my page layout has 5 changes/chunks of changes, but I only want to commit/deploy the first one - please add functionality so that I can discard/ignore the other 4 changes in the file and only deploy the one change I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Monthly sandbox refresh from production

I would like the ability to refresh a sandbox from production on a scheduled recurring basis on a monthly cycle (ex: from prod to a full sandbox) so as not to overwrite current development items that are in process or testing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support multiple SFDX projects for a custom GIT repo

When comparing / deploying using a custom git repository, containing multiple SFDX projects, present the user with the ability to select which SFDX project to compare / deploy, either by package.xml or sfdx-project.json. Currently Gearset fails and reports multiple sfdx-project.json were found.

[

{

"UserReadableError": "This repository has 2 sfdx-project.json files: Gearset cannot determine which one to use",
    "ErrorType": "ErrorFromSource"
    }

]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Distinguish between process builder and flow

If you do deployments of flows and processes from process builder, both of them are handeled as a flow. If you need to activate the flow or process manually in a production org, you need to guess if it was a flow that you have deployed or a process.
    Please within the deployment report (and the comparism), distinguish between flows and processes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. swapping source and target after compare

I was doing compare between our 2 orgs (Source: UAT, Target: DEVSTG) and I realized that I got the order wrong. Should be (Source: DEVSTG, Target: UAT). But the compare has already completed.

I wish there is a way to just flip (swap) the source and target without re-comparing as it takes some time comparing between orgs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibility to add automatically added metadata to the comparison after a failed deployment

The dependency crawler that GearSet offers is one of its biggest strengths. A lot of manual labor can vanish at the click of the button. Best example would be the addition of all relevant Picklist fields when a Record Type is added to the Selected Items.

Sometimes deployments still fail, and in particularly big orgs the dependency crawl takes ages, each time I have to rerun the problem analysis.

A way to add the metadata that was auto-added prior to the deployment to the list of Selected Items to make future analysis faster would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem analysis and deployment failures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow editing Orgs created by other users

If there is a Gearset user who adds a bunch of orgs, and then quits-- and then a password change is needed for those orgs (or even something simple, such as a nickname change-- it is impossible for another Gearset user to edit the previous Org.

A workaround is possible to remove the previous Org and add a new Org, but this could lead to lost comparison history, something that many businesses (mine included) care a lot about.

Can access to edit Orgs created by other users be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep list of specified tests

When choosing specified tests to do a validation, let's say from a comparison that was created from a bunch of drafts that were combined, the pop-up will show the specified tests that were chosen originally for those drafts that were combined. That is awesome and is exactly what I want.

The problem is the "Fetching test classes from Salesforce" then occurs automatically and replaces that list with the full list of test classes, and check the boxes for all of them, replacing my existing list. That means I have to go back and choose my list of specified tests again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Salesforce standard Country/State Picklist Mapping for Data Masking

Right now, using the data masking feature for data deployments, the values for country and state are real values and random. There's no guarrantee that the country and state will be valid pairings.

This causes issues for orgs that use the standard Country/State picklists from Salesforce.

The goal would be that the masking feature would pull from the Saleforce default values and make sure that the state and country are valid pairings as opposed to randomizing both separately

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save deployment analysis suggestions and list of test classes

In order to make deployments more repeatable between orgs please allow a way to save the selection of deployment analysis suggestions an d list of test classes with a package. With a large package it can be difficult having to document or remember the same selections used in deployment to UAT org for Production deployment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. call webhook with scheduled deployment

We would like Gearset to call a webhook when a scheduled deployment completes. The message to the webhook should pass a message with the org name, UTC datetime, the deployment friendly name, URL of Gearset deployment results and a status field with 'succeeded' or 'failed'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select more than one item at the same time

On "Items to include/exclude for Custom application" view, it would be really nice if we could select more than one item at the same time, using SHIFT shortcut.
    When clicking on "Named Item", and if you want to select from the 49th line to 63th line for example, and to avoid to select manually 15 lines with 15 clicks.
    We could just select the 49th line, and with SHIFT, click on the 63th line to select them.
    Thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base