Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1179 results found

1. Picklist Comparison should show if value is active/inactive

When comparing a picklist in which we have deactivated values, the simplified comparison visualization shows the deactivated values as being "added" (in green, on the source side).

The XML reveals <isactive>false</isactive> is being added, but the simplified view seems to suggest new values are added instead

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New, one-click "Promote" button is very risky

In Deployment Pipelines when a PR for a CI Job is selected, a new, one-click "Promote" button exists, if the PR passes merge-conflict and validation checks. This new button is very risky in that it begins the promotion process, without recourse, when clicked.

Perhaps that's the designers intent but for myself at least, the button is too easy to accidentally click out of inattention, distraction or mouse clumsiness and is especially risky in that I cannot recall the action.

Personally I like the process of clicking the PR checkbox and clicking "Promote", which prevents unintended deployments.

As an alternative to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display auto-merged files during Conflict Resolution

The Conflict Resolution only displays files that require manual resolution. Sometimes I want to see the files that were automatically merged without human intervention.

The only way to see this is to submit a resolution as is, then read through the file changes again to look for files that were auto merged/resolved from target instead of source.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow users to select a default comparison view between 'Permissions View' and 'XML view'.

During comparisons, I constantly have to select the XML view when I click through rows of metadata as it keeps defaulting back to the Permissions View, I don't particularly find the permissions view that useful and I'm also used to XML views, would appreciate if you could give users a choice in a 'default' view to improve experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add pipeline support for CPQ

CPQ deploys to and from Github/Salesforce so it should be a relatively simple issue to include this in the pipeline deployments. You could add a checkbox or just warning to ensure that triggers are manually disabled when that is needed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Configure the "Saved Comparison Pair" to always use a specific Comparison Filter

When managing multiple orgs, and running comparisons, the Saved Comparison Pair saves a lot of time. However, sometimes we need to use different Comparison Filters, based on which environments we are comparing.

Instead of first choosing the Comparison Pair, then manually selecting the Comparison Filter to use, it would be great to be able to (optionally) configure the Comparison Pair to use a specified Comparison Filter.

Example Use Case:

When committing work from our Dev org to BitBucket, we exclude Apex Classes & Triggers, and mainly commit declarative functionality (Apex code is committed separately from our dev team). All development…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. audit report missing PR message

The audit reports don't include much context of the deployment, which means they are pretty useless to us and do not serve our auditors' needs. Specifically, they do not include the PR message for deployments through our pipeline, which means we can't link each deployment to the specific ticket responsible for that deployment. The PR message is where we put our ticket. This information is needed for our SOX audit process. Additionally, we can not see a link back to the deployment, which would allow us to quickly reference the specific metadata files/components that were deployed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pre-fill Pull Request Description with comments from last commits

In order to save time, when a Pull Request is created from the Pipeline, the Description field could be pre-filled with the comments from the last commits in the feature branch, instead of forcing the User to type something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use location of metadata in source branch or local folder when adding to target branch

When adding a file from a branch or local folder (source) to another branch (target) not having the file, use its location in the source as the location in the target.

Currently all new files are placed in the default folder [1].

Let's assume a new file, "HelloWorld.cls", in the source is located in .../force-app/main/default/classes/special/ and that class doesn't exist in the target. When the deployment is complete the file should exist in the target's .../force-app/main/default/classes/special/ folder, matching its location in the source. Currently it would be placed in .../force-app/main/default/classes/.

[1] https://docs.gearset.com/en/articles/2835001-structuring-your-source-control-repository

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save sort order of grids

It would be nice to be able to sort by column names and save that sort order for the next time the page loads or save a default sort order. We sort often by jobname and would like to not have to resort everytime we need to touch a ci job to sort the column.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include duplicate rules in "Disable validation rules, triggers and flows"

Here's a powershell script I hacked-up to do this from sfdx directories in vs code:

$duplicateRules = ".\force-app\main\default\duplicateRules"
    $temporary = -join("duplicateRulessave",[System.Guid]::NewGuid())

Save repository versions

New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path $temporary
    Move-Item -Path $duplicateRules*.* -Destination $temporary

Retrieve org versions

sf project retrieve start --metadata DuplicateRule

Make deactivated versions

$files = Get-ChildItem -Path $duplicateRules -Filter "*.xml"
    foreach ($file in $files) {
    $content = Get-Content $file.FullName
    if ($content -match "<isActive>true</isActive>") {
    $content -replace "<isActive>true</isActive>", "<isActive>false</isActive>" | Set-Content $file.FullName
    } else {
    Remove-Item $file.FullName
    }
    }

Deploy deactivated versions

sf project deploy start --metadata DuplicateRule

Restore repository versions

Remove-Item $duplicateRules*.* | Where-Object{!($_.PSIsContainer)}
    Move-Item…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In a data deploy, allow filtering data by previously deployed parent objects.

For example, instead of "Only deploy Opportunity records that are children of the Account.Opportunities records that are being deployed" which filters opportunities by the accounts in the same deploy. You would have two deploys. The first would deploy accounts. The second would filter opportunities by those accounts already in the target org.

This would allow you to modularize deploys. You might want to mix and match subsets of data for specific projects. It would allow working around some of the shortcomings of the account hierarchy gearset magic. If there were transient errors (like exclusive locks) you could repeat a smaller…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for OverrideSettings for Vlocity datapacks

It would be great if there is a way to set up OverrideSettings https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.os_build_tool_override_datapack_settings.htm&type=5 for the deployment pipeline. For example, FilterFields can be specified, so those fields are removed from the datapack before being committed to the git repo.

This should help to reduce the number of differences in the compare view when e.g. Salesforce IDs are different or empty attributes are added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to remove PR's from a created release

WHen working with pipelines, when we create a release and we merge PR's to the release so we can then deploy later, it would be nice if we have the option to remove them in case someone change their mind instead of cancell release and srtart over

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. is it possible to add a filter for "selected feature branches only" ?

is it possible to add a filter for "selected feature branches only" ? My business problem is that i am a deployment manager and i need to quickly validate what ive selected before building the release.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible to get an additional field in the compact view of the jira ticket ?

Is it possible to get an additional field in the compact view of the Jira ticket ? We would like to add Fix Version as well as what already exists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show Date/Time of Validation Run in Validation Details

I would like to see the "Effective Date" of a validation in the Validation Details screen (at /continuous-integration-job-validation-errors).

I only ever access this information from the Deployment pipelines and so don't ever see the date/time the validation was run (near as I can tell this is only available in the CI jobs section).

To better explain my reason for asking:
    Oftentimes when a validation fails it is sufficient to rerun the validation (on account of Delta CI jobs doing weird things sometimes). What I've found myself doing is perusing the validation errors, clicking "retry validation", then going about other tasks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter metadata types based on whether org is licensed for that metadata or user permissions for that metadata

Compare 2.0 Metadata types

Why am I seeing Fuel Type and Fuel Type Sustainability Unit of Measure ? Running user needs a special permission set to see these metadata types and I, as running user in Gearset, don’t have this permission set.

This is an example of a general suggestion wherein if the source org/running user isn’t licensed/permissioned for some SFDC metadata, it shouldn’t appear in the (lengthy) enumeration of metadata types

Other examples are Live Chat XXX, PaymentGatewayProvider, SchedulingXXX,SustainabilityUom,SustnUomConversion, WebStoreXXX and many more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. User Data & Logs

For audit reason we have been asked to provide a comprehensive user list with the following data:

User Status (Active/Inactive)
    User Creation/Removal Date
    Created/Removed/Updated by
    Updated Value (if you change the role of a user from member to owner or opposite)
    User Last Login Date

These data are part of the user audit control (create/update/remove users) and are very important to prove you have control who gets access, and there is no risk for unauthorized access but also to prove that segregation of duties is in place.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deployment pipeline view personalization

Currently, the view in continuous integration (deployment pipeline) is sorted by ABC, which is not user friendly when there are many team members. In this case I appear last and I need to find myself in this screen.
    I suggest you to either:
    1. allow creating personal views per user, so I can see only my dev sandbox, full sandbox and production.
    2. change the scroll into a "regular" scroll, and not the current drag scroll

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base