Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

993 results found

1. Make Custom Filters a Top-Level Menu Item

Filters are arguably the best part of gearset, especially with the support for RegEx. It is kind of a bummer that they are tucked away in a modal that can only be reached by clicking into a dropdown. Ideally you could just go to Hamburger > Metadata Deployments > Custom Filters and be routed to a dedicated page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a Select All that works on filtered items when setting up filters

When setting up the filters, I would like the ability to do a Select All on just the filtered items so that I don't have to manually select each one of them. This would be a huge time saver.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To add capability to mark (to ignore) not selected items to be able to remember that the particular item is not required to be deployed

When compare source and target, sometimes u do an educated decision to NOT select something, and then selecting the rest of the items. Then if the compare results saved as a Draft Deployment, u may return back to it, and do a refresh for the comparison. In this case Gearset would kindly save all of the selected items. But for items that were not selected by the user, not they are mixed up with the new differences. So user have to remember, that this particular item he did not select intentinally, but this item that is not selected is a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Package Version Mismatch Bypass for Org Deployments

When deploying a branch to a Salesforce org where there is a managed package version mismatch in the file metadata, it would be nice to be able to bypass this discrepancy as there are occasions where there may be a newer package version in a lower/sandbox org and an older package version in a higher/production org.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Throw Error When Invalid Test is Entered

When entering test class names in the text field, invalid entries can be added without any indication that there is something wrong, which would lead to uncovered code and most likely a failed deployment. For example, entering in ThisIsAnInvalidTestName would not result in any error.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use triggering branch as source branch in git-sourced CI jobs

Currently:
    We have to define a single fixed source branch in a CI job, when it has a Git-Source.

Desired:
    Option to say "use triggering branch". It should use the branch, where current commit-hook-call comes from.

It should allow Pipelines to test also all development branches e.g. with "Validation only" CI-job.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide ordering for metadata elements when committing to version control

When metadata is retrieved from Salesforce the order of child nodes is not guaranteed and results in false-positive changes when committing to version control. Usually this will be something simple like workflow actions/criteria appearing out-of-order which can be compared manually. However, recently we've noticed entire profiles being committed with every permissions element out-of-order, resulting in a change set with ~20k lines where the actual change is impossible to visualize.

Gearset should provide a feature to 'order' child XML elements alphabetically by name in order to provide consistent commits to version control and eliminate false-positives.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When validation fails, allow option to automatically remove metadata from deployment that was causing failure

It's not convenient when a validation fails, to then download the excel file of the the validation errors, view in separately form Gearset, and then go through the list of metadata I'm trying to deploy and try to uncheck each one that failed the validation. It would be nice if Gearset did that for me.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow date range filtering on the "Changed On" column

Currently one has to pick dates individually, if one has 30 + dates to select, this can be massively simplified if one could select a date range.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow destructive changes from Local File

Allow for the upload of a local file which includes the destructiveChangePost.xml, destructiveChange.xml, and destructiveChangePre.xml files to do destructive changes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Monitoring Jobs on Source Code Repositories

Currently, Enterprise users can create monitoring jobs on sandboxes, so that they may be notified when a sandbox's metadata changes. It'd be great to be able to perform the same monitoring action against source code repositories (GitHub!).

An example use case would be detecting when undesired metadata types enter into the repository. This is important because CI jobs will fail on certain metadata types, so we want to ensure that they never make it into source to begin with. Additionally, our business has decided that some metadata types should never be captured into source.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically revert PR in GitHub CI Jobs

When a CI job fails, the bad code remains in the GitHub repo. I'd like to see a way to revert the commit/PR that caused that failure so that any CI jobs for new, unrelated, commits/PRs won't fail while the developer is working to resolve the issue.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a `Weekly` cadence to the test runner

I need to run my own tests (ie no namespace) daily as those should never fail and if they do I need to know

For namespace tests, I just need to run them weekly, primarily to reset the "invalid" flag on apex classes that can be tripped by trivial changes. I know some will fail as we have some huge apps installed and my understanding is that it's normal for dome of those managed tests to fail.

So I would only want to run them weekly to reduce the noise from the daily failure email. Just run those on Saturday.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to select custom fields even if the object does not exist in the target

Would be great if GS allowed to select custom fields when doing a comparison even if the object does not exist in the target. If I am pushing changes to a repository I might want to only include the fields I created/modified and not the whole object.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cleanup Layout Assignments

When you rename a Layout, the previous Layout Assignment won't be cleaned up on the Profile.
    This should be cleaned by the Repo dependency cleaner.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Jira comment only for production releases

We would like to have the option to choose which deployments create Jira comments. As business users often watch our Jira tickets, we would prefer only posting comments when we actually "release" (deploy to our production org) and skip comments for releases on sandbox environments.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Select a set of data deployment templates and run them in order

Ability to build sequence of data load (choose a list of data load templates and have to possibility to run them automatically in sequence). The sequence can be changed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Manage multiple Gearset teams from a single Gearset account

I want to be able to manage multiple Gearset teams from a single Gearset account, and not have to log out and log in again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View Grouped Successful, Validated, and Monitor Jobs per Instance in List

Our organization has now done over 13,000 deployments (yay!), but that means when I have to search for past deployments, any searching beyond 10 days as the filter becomes an impossible task because of the sheer volume that has to be searched (boo).

When trying to combine successfully deployed packages into a new package, if I have to change the date range to find a deployment done several months ago, I lose the selected deployments from a more recent timeframe and can't select them all to combine neatly.

If we could see successful deployments by viewing the authorized Org in…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base