Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1137 results found

1. Create GitHub App as alternative to GitHub OAuth

Gearset currently uses OAuth to connect to GitHub, and the way that works is that the OAuth connections have permissions to all repositories that my user has access to, which from a security perspective is a problem, because if the github key were ever compromised, it would provide very broad access to customers GitHub organizations.

Security teams would feel much better with the ability to limit the scope of access to just one repo instead of all the repos that my GitHub user has access to, which can be accomplished by creating a Github App which can be installed for…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to ignore: <personAccountDefault> in XML

When comparing XML for RecordType permissions in Profiles, some Sandboxes return:
    <personAccountDefault>true</personAccountDefault>

As part of the XML, even though person accounts are not enabled, this makes comparing annoying.

It would be nice to have an option to ignore this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow searching Monitoring of a system by a specific record of metadata to see all the dates that the record changed

If I need to find when a specific thing was changed in our system, my only option is either to use the last edited date or to manually check every daily comparison from Monitoring to see if it changed. Since many metadata types do not reliably update the last edited date, it makes it much harder to find those changes. If I could choose a specific metadata record and use that to search the Monitoring to see when it changed, it would be much easier to find it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. swapping source and target after compare

I was doing compare between our 2 orgs (Source: UAT, Target: DEVSTG) and I realized that I got the order wrong. Should be (Source: DEVSTG, Target: UAT). But the compare has already completed.

I wish there is a way to just flip (swap) the source and target without re-comparing as it takes some time comparing between orgs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keep list of specified tests

When choosing specified tests to do a validation, let's say from a comparison that was created from a bunch of drafts that were combined, the pop-up will show the specified tests that were chosen originally for those drafts that were combined. That is awesome and is exactly what I want.

The problem is the "Fetching test classes from Salesforce" then occurs automatically and replaces that list with the full list of test classes, and check the boxes for all of them, replacing my existing list. That means I have to go back and choose my list of specified tests again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Email notification selection: none, success, failed deployemnts

In account settings allow me to choose what kind of notifications I want to receive to my email.
    [ ] Send me success deployments notifications
    [ ] Send me failed deployments notification

No selection means do not send any notifications.

Why? With many deployments my email is bombarded with notifications. Last two weeks 65 emails which I do not read as I see status on screen. Therefore I want to turn off those notifications.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Upload CSV functionality to create an upload template for CPQ deployments

For CPQ Deployments add an "Upload from CSV" feature where a user could upload a file with specific External IDs across multiple objects to tell Gearset what to migrate in a single click.

For example, the user could list the Object API name in Column A of the sheet and the External ID in column B and then Gearset would parse this and create a Data Deployment based off of those records specifically. This would be incredibly useful for any CPQ deployment where you need to only deploy specific records not the entire object!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer to push components that passed validation even if some items failed

For large payloads (thousands of artifacts) it can be tedious to try to resolve a few minor issues when 99% of the package will deploy successfully. Having a feature to push stuff that passes validation would be helpful. Included in this in the deployment summary and deployment reports will be a count and list of items that failed validation and were omitted from the package so they can be investigated

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default to Object View

Option to default to Object View vs XML for metadata types that have it available

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve PermissionSet comparisons by providing an option to ignore fieldPermissions when their editable/readable are set to false

Current Metadata Behavior:
    When a new object is added, objectPermissions are only added to a PermissionSet only if one of allowCreate, allowDelete, allowEdit, modifyAllRecords, viewAllRecords are set to true
    When a new field is added, the new fieldPermission is added to all PermissionSets by default (with editable and readable set to false).

NB. PermissionSets are additive in behavior and can only open up access not revoke. Values of false have no meaning and are only noise.

Current Gearset Comparison Behavior:
    Comparing PermissionSets show these new fieldPermssions as New Items even when default values for editable, readable are set to false.…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Send a link to the report in the notification

It'd be nice to have a link to the report included in the notification for any scheduled monitoring, test run or deployment/validation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion.

When you run a deployment, the deployment success email contains the PDF of the deployment report, as well as a link to your deployment history to view the full information.

For the test/change monitoring emails, what sort of report would you like to see? Would you like to see the full information on tests run or just a summary of key stats?

We don’t currently provide the ability to export PDF reports for our change and test monitoring jobs in the same way as our deployments, but it’s something we’ve been thinking about putting in.

Thanks,
    Jason.

13. Create releases in Pipelines not at final stage

Right now you can only create releases at the last environment in a Pipeline. We'd like to have 2 stages so we have a true dry-run of deployment. Our pipeline is
    Dev > QA > UAT > Staging > Production

Creation of the release branch before Staging would allow us to effectively cherry-pick what we want deployed into Staging as we get UAT approvals, do a test deployment where QA does a sanity/smoke test and have greater confidence when we get to our Production release.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Gearset Service Status Page

It would be very useful to see a status page for Gearset services. Similar to other service platforms like Github (https://www.githubstatus.com/) or Salesforce trust (trust.salesforce.com)

This would be great to help determine if there are issues with deployments, or if Gearset has any sort of performance degradation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Approve Pull Requests from Gearset

Currently you have to navigate from Gearset to Github using the link from the Pull Request to approve a Pull Request. While functional, this requires going to an external system for an important Git functionality. This also creates a bit more complexity for non-technical users. If we could approve PRs directly from Gearset, that would be awesome!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to set and make use of 'deployment rules'

It would be great if we can have the option to set and make use of 'deployment rules':

1 - receive an alert/warning message (in gearset/via email) right before deploying to a selected target environment, for instance - a production environment if certain pre-defined metadata types are included in the deployment.

use cases: a reminder to run all test when deleting metadata, a reminder to activate a flow on target environment after deployment.

2 - block a deployment in the following case scenarions:

a - if the deployment of certain pre-defined metadata types happens within a pre-defined timeframe.

use case:…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add or ignore parts of XML after the comparison to ignore other users changes

If there are multiple users making changing the metadata in Salesforce and when one has to deploy their changes, it is not possible to pick the changes that are specific to one person, For this we have to go to VS code and use git patch mode to add only the necessary changes for a specific user. If we have an option to edit the xml after the comparision and pick only necessary pieces and deploy it to next org will save time and also switching between multiple orgs. Currently the comparison editor is read only mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Validate pull requests for custom git

We have self-Manged Gitlab as a git provider.
    It would be good to have the possibility to allow to run validations on pull requests for custom git repositories or

support on-prem GitLab (submitted as https://gearset.uservoice.com/forums/283474-help-us-improve-gearset/suggestions/39728857-add-validate-pull-requests-for-on-prem-gitlab)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Namespace Mapping for Managed Packages

We are an ISV partner with a managed package we sell to lots of customers. That means our package is namespaced. However with a distributed development team and multiple dev orgs, all source code is not namespaced, and is maintained in source control (github) without namespaces. Only upon unit test and promotion to the package org, does the namespace get added. This results in two basic problems (and others). 1) comparisons between unit test and package result in almost everything being flagged as "changed" due to the namespace, and 2) all aura components are always flagged as "new" when they…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base