Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send a link to the report in the notification

It'd be nice to have a link to the report included in the notification for any scheduled monitoring, test run or deployment/validation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion.

When you run a deployment, the deployment success email contains the PDF of the deployment report, as well as a link to your deployment history to view the full information.

For the test/change monitoring emails, what sort of report would you like to see? Would you like to see the full information on tests run or just a summary of key stats?

We don’t currently provide the ability to export PDF reports for our change and test monitoring jobs in the same way as our deployments, but it’s something we’ve been thinking about putting in.

Thanks,
    Jason.

2. Add a Select All that works on filtered items when setting up filters

When setting up the filters, I would like the ability to do a Select All on just the filtered items so that I don't have to manually select each one of them. This would be a huge time saver.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select the fields to deploy during a data deployment

Hi we use the data deployment feature is it possible to only select some fields to deploy data from one org to another and not always all the fields on an object.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. swapping source and target after compare

I was doing compare between our 2 orgs (Source: UAT, Target: DEVSTG) and I realized that I got the order wrong. Should be (Source: DEVSTG, Target: UAT). But the compare has already completed.

I wish there is a way to just flip (swap) the source and target without re-comparing as it takes some time comparing between orgs.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set fields to a specific value during a data deployment

When deploying Data, it would be nice to be able to set field values. It could be just to null them or set a value. It could be part of the configuration or data masking.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When validation fails, allow option to automatically remove metadata from deployment that was causing failure

It's not convenient when a validation fails, to then download the excel file of the the validation errors, view in separately form Gearset, and then go through the list of metadata I'm trying to deploy and try to uncheck each one that failed the validation. It would be nice if Gearset did that for me.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email notification selection: none, success, failed deployemnts

In account settings allow me to choose what kind of notifications I want to receive to my email.
    [ ] Send me success deployments notifications
    [ ] Send me failed deployments notification

No selection means do not send any notifications.

Why? With many deployments my email is bombarded with notifications. Last two weeks 65 emails which I do not read as I see status on screen. Therefore I want to turn off those notifications.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Support for Pre/Post Data Deployment Scripts

Some of my more complex data objects require that I turn off Validation Rules during deployment, then back on again after deployment.

Options that would work:

• BEST: List of Validation rules under each object and and option to temporarily disable on a one-by-one basis during the deployment. A "Disable All Validation Rules During Deployment" option would be helpful if this feature is implemented.

• BETTER: Ability to specify metadata xml to apply to each sobject pre and post deployment.

• GOOD: Ability to specify anonymous Apex to execute pre and post deployment. This would involve a callout to the Metadata API, which…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default to Object View

Option to default to Object View vs XML for metadata types that have it available

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow custom rules in PMD

PMD support is great, but it would also be useful to be able to have a set of custom rules for my team

e.g. we have a code library of classes that they ought to use instead of coding their own solutions every time. Some of these cases could be spotted by a PMD rule, so it would be great to be able to add my own rules for this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save previously entered comparison filters

I am currently using a standard regex filter each time I do a comparison. It has become quite lengthy such that I can't easily remember it. I have ended up saving it in a separate text file and have to open it, then copy and paste it into Gearset each time I do a comparison. Pretty cumbersome.

It would be nice if the Filter... text box on the comparison results screen was a combo box that when clicked, dropped down a list of recently used filters. Each entry in the list should be removable (like with a little 'x' icon…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chatter posting to

I think it would be useful if Gearset had the capability to make a chatter post to a specific group or @mention someone.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a way to init a sandbox

It would be nice if there was a quick way of init'ing a new sandbox that matches either what was in source control or an existing sandbox.

Currently, I need to run a comparison between the existing source and the new sandbox and then I can try the deploy, but it would be nice if the compare step was not needed and I could simply say 'overwrite what is in the sandbox with what is in the specified source'

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Differentiate XML and Code differences in the comparison

I would find it very useful if the comparison result highlighted if the difference was in the XML or the Code (or both) for each item. This would especially save time when there are a lot of differences.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Specify tests to run on the test monitoring jobs

Some of my orgs have many tests, and I don't always want to run all of them on a daily basis. Being able to specify which tests are run daily would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide option to disable parallel apex testing in Scheduled Tests

Scheduled Test runs can fail due to UNABLETOLOCK_ROW errors. This is due to what amounts to a bug in SF: accessing public custom settings in tests which are run in parallel can cause deadlocks. Really, the tests ought to be isolated from each other, but they are not. See:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_testing_best_practices.htm

The workaround in SF is to disable parallel apex testing.

If Gearset could do that during the scheduled test run, it would prevent false test failures.

I guess I could change the option on the SF org, but sometimes parallel testing is useful, so I wouldn't want to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delta only validation CI jobs

Idea is to have the Delta CI for Validation only Job, so the as well, so the validation process will become faster .

The option of validating a PR in the deployment job does the same task, but is comparing too many items of metadata and it is taking too long.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add ability to clone deployment CI job to validation-only CI job

This would save us time duplicating regex statements for the new job

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Package Version Mismatch Bypass for Org Deployments

When deploying a branch to a Salesforce org where there is a managed package version mismatch in the file metadata, it would be nice to be able to bypass this discrepancy as there are occasions where there may be a newer package version in a lower/sandbox org and an older package version in a higher/production org.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base