Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to deploy to another sandboxe when a ci job passed

When configuring a CI job, we need an option to set a deployment to another sandboxe when the deployment or test classes run successfully in the current CI Job.
    Ex: when a push to a branch on VCS triggers a CI job to deploy to a sandboxe like QA (with test classes run), we also have the possibility to set an auto deployment to staging sanboxe when the the job on QA passed successfully.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Be able to switch the direction of a comparison/deployment

Sometimes we need to reconcile changes on an object between two orgs, where some of the changes have been made in Org1 and some in Org2. Having set up metadata filters, compared and deployed required changes from Org1 to Org2, it would be nice to be able click a button to switch direction to then deploy required changes from Org2 back to Org1, without having to go through the whole process of setting up a new comparison.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide the option to skip problem analysis

Sometimes during a complicated deployment I need to try a few different strategies to get things to work. For example, I may need to just send up one piece or set of metadata up first.

The problem is, each time I do this, I have to wait for problem analysis to complete, which takes a couple minutes. Normally during a deployment I do want problem analysis to run, but if I want to quickly send up a single object, I have to wait a few minutes while Problem Analysis runs, and the time waiting adds up.

Maybe a quick deployment…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to pause subscriptions for inactive users

Manage users on "My Team", so we can activate/deactivate users and then save on licences that are not used until reassigned.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Here's the best solution: Be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items

Would like to be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items to make then function correctly (permissions, layouts, field level security, etc..)

Then we could go back and migrate all the process automation stuff - workflow rules, flows, trigger, etc..

It always starts with the data schema first. We need a quick way to see what is different between two orgs and get that synced first

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow multi-selection of items with CTRL or SHIFT

It would be great to be able to select multiple items in a comparison using crtl or shift click, rather than checking the boxes one by one

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to exclude specific files/folders of repo from a compare with source control

Currently, if you try to compare a repository to a Salesforce org, it will throw an error with only the ability to send a report to Gearset if the repository contains files that are not compatible (gulp files, package.json, etc. at the root of the repo or any folder that isn't corresponding to a Salesforce type of file).

My suggestion would be to add the ability for the user to exclude those files or folders from the compare and retry when it fails. This issue currently prevents us to use source control in the comparisons.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to sort Custom Application XML

While this can be done with VSC custom plugins for SFDX, I think it would be really beneficial if Gearset offered the ability to sort Custom App XML in comparisons in order to see what's actually changing between a source and target for lightning page activations. Due to the way SFDC generates this XML, the way page activations are ordered is very difficult to follow, and I think it's an opportunity to make that easier especially for declarative config users of Salesforce.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Metadata Filter organization with group or tag management

It's great that we can set filter visibility now to Only Me or to share with Team. It would be nice, especially for larger teams, to have another way to organize them either with tags, folders, sub teams or groups.

Example: 1 Scrum Team may have 10-15 filters they maintain and use, and another group of users on a team also have 5 or so they use. Both can see all 20, and this adds up fast.

Feels like being able to group users together could also have other benefits like mass assigning access to orgs (for deployment, validation, comparison)…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scratch orgs with packages with InstallationKeys fails to install in CI

When creating a new scratch org you have the option of specifying the package and the installation key. This option is not available in a CI job to scratch org target scenario.

When there are dependencies specified in the sfdx-project.json file that requires an installation key the CI job run fails when the CI tries to install them.

There needs to be a way to specify the installation key, either by a custom JSON field in the sfdx-project.json, or on the CI job itself.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Archive or hide Automation jobs

On each of the Automation dashboard views (Monitoring, Unit testing, Continuous integration) it would be nice to have a way to archive or hide job. Often times previously setup jobs that are not active but would be good to keep for historical reference can clutter the dashboard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OAuth support for outgoing webhooks

Currently outgoing webhooks support only basic authentication. It'd be useful to have oAuth support for outgoing webhooks for enhanced security.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow searching Monitoring of a system by a specific record of metadata to see all the dates that the record changed

If I need to find when a specific thing was changed in our system, my only option is either to use the last edited date or to manually check every daily comparison from Monitoring to see if it changed. Since many metadata types do not reliably update the last edited date, it makes it much harder to find those changes. If I could choose a specific metadata record and use that to search the Monitoring to see when it changed, it would be much easier to find it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for the WorkSkillRouting metadata type

WorkSkillRouting is a key object in the configuration of Skills-based Routing for omni-channel (using Attribute Setup, not apex class), please add support for this object to enable comparison and deployment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When Field is Deleted Permission Set changes are not recognized for the Field

Let's say we have only one object in the system. Addressc. And we have one Permission Set -> "System Administrator" with only "FieldPermissions" for all fields in the "Addressc" object.

Now I wish to Remove 2 Fields from "FieldPermissions" of the "System Administrator" Permission Set.

1st Field I'm removing just because I do not want the permission to be in the Permission set
    2d Field I'm Removing from Permission Set, as I have physically deleted the Field.

On Compare And Deploy Page I will See Deleted Field and I will see only one Section to be removed from…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better error reporting when CI jobs fail.

Better error reporting when CI jobs fail. Many times I open a failed job and there are no errors reported.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save deployment analysis suggestions and list of test classes

In order to make deployments more repeatable between orgs please allow a way to save the selection of deployment analysis suggestions an d list of test classes with a package. With a large package it can be difficult having to document or remember the same selections used in deployment to UAT org for Production deployment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to personalize the report generated at the end of the deployment

I want to send the automatic report generated at the end of the deployment to my client. However, I want to personalize it with the logo of my company or add additional text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. view deployed components live

Show live the components deployed during the running of a CI/CD Job.

Like:
    deploying class abc.......
    deploying class xyz.......
    deploying lightning Component abc.......

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Static Code Analysis for JavaScript Components

It would be great if Gearset could run static code analysis on JavaScript as well as Apex when deploying Lightning Components.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base