Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1139 results found

1. Compare metadata by "Changed Date" for both "Source" and "Target"

In "Compare and Deploy", is there a way to add a column for "Changed Date" for the Source item, in addition to the Target item?

I want to select all the items which were more recently changed in the Source than in the Target. In my current large org compare-and-deploy, I see many items which are different but the one in the Target was more recently changed, so I don't want to overwrite that item in the Target.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Link to test runs in Slack messages (or Slack messsage customisaton/templating)

I have automated test jobs post about failed tests to our Slack. I want the posted Slack message to include a direct (though maybe shortened) link to the "Test run details" so that when we see Gearset telling us about some tests starting to fail I would be one click away from seeing a view of failed tests the message is talking about.

Next/bigger step would be a way to shape the Slack messages ourselves. The most basic templating setup where I could write my own Slack message with some placeholders like {{instancename}} or {{failedtests_link}}..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add option to suppress managed custom fields in comparison results

When comparing Custom Objects that contain the managed custom fields there is no way to suppress the managed custom fields. The fields would show up in the comparison results even without being requested. The problem analyzers then highlights and remove these managed custom fields.

This is cumbersome when repeated and makes finding genuine differences we care about more difficult.

From the problem analyzers, it sounds like Gearset is able to identify the managed custom fields. Therefore could there be an option under [Include managed package] in the Custom Filters that allows the suppression of known managed fields in comparison results?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automated User Test Suite Integration

Such as Selenium and/or Cypress.io

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save previously entered comparison filters

I am currently using a standard regex filter each time I do a comparison. It has become quite lengthy such that I can't easily remember it. I have ended up saving it in a separate text file and have to open it, then copy and paste it into Gearset each time I do a comparison. Pretty cumbersome.

It would be nice if the Filter... text box on the comparison results screen was a combo box that when clicked, dropped down a list of recently used filters. Each entry in the list should be removable (like with a little 'x' icon…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Chatter posting to

I think it would be useful if Gearset had the capability to make a chatter post to a specific group or @mention someone.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Here's the best solution: Be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items

Would like to be able to quickly select the custom objects and standard object custom fields AND only the related metadata items to make then function correctly (permissions, layouts, field level security, etc..)

Then we could go back and migrate all the process automation stuff - workflow rules, flows, trigger, etc..

It always starts with the data schema first. We need a quick way to see what is different between two orgs and get that synced first

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Differentiate XML and Code differences in the comparison

I would find it very useful if the comparison result highlighted if the difference was in the XML or the Code (or both) for each item. This would especially save time when there are a lot of differences.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Specify tests to run on the test monitoring jobs

Some of my orgs have many tests, and I don't always want to run all of them on a daily basis. Being able to specify which tests are run daily would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add ability to exclude specific files/folders of repo from a compare with source control

Currently, if you try to compare a repository to a Salesforce org, it will throw an error with only the ability to send a report to Gearset if the repository contains files that are not compatible (gulp files, package.json, etc. at the root of the repo or any folder that isn't corresponding to a Salesforce type of file).

My suggestion would be to add the ability for the user to exclude those files or folders from the compare and retry when it fails. This issue currently prevents us to use source control in the comparisons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability to set Metadata filters for all Pipeline environments at once

In order to update the metadata filters in a pipeline, one must individually update each environment's metadata filter from the list of Continuous Integration jobs.

It would be amazing to be able to set a metadata filter in the pipeline and have it propagate to all environments in the pipeline.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to remove PR's from a created release

WHen working with pipelines, when we create a release and we merge PR's to the release so we can then deploy later, it would be nice if we have the option to remove them in case someone change their mind instead of cancell release and srtart over

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoke Run Anonymous Apex against target in CI Job

Team,
    Can you please add Run Anonymous Apex option in a CI Job ?

Step#1
    In this scenario from Developer's end they should add pre scripts in a.txt file and add post scripts in b.txt file in their Source Control

Step#2
    How it should work
    - It should allow the CI job to run Pre and Post Deployment scripts
    - Pre Deployment scripts should be picked up from Source control a.txt file and Post
    Deployment scripts should be picked up from Source control b.txt file
    - Post commit the diff of commit should identify what are pre and post scripts…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share edit access to a CI job with another user

Currently, only the owner of a CI job is able to edit it. This is a risk, as the owner is not always available to troubleshoot CI issues. It would be helpful to be able to delegate edit access to other team members so that pipelines can be managed collaboratively.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expand the options for "Run job" times on the continuous integration job setup.

Currently the "Run job" option has times for 1, 2, 4 and 24 hours. With international teams working on projects, it would be nice to allow for something like every 8 hours. That could either be a new set option in the list, or allow for a "custom" option. If the pipelines can handle between 1 and 24 hours, let us selection "custom" and input the hours for the job interval to run.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Incorporate Relationship Graph into metadata deployment

Right now is it not possible to deploy Relationship Graph metadata according to https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_relationshipgraphdefinition.htm with Gearset. This metadata is required for the so called Actionable Relationship Center, which is part of Financial Services Cloud. Even though the meta data is available in the Vlocity filter in Gearset, the items we are looking for doesn't fall under that one. If selected, no meta data get retrieved and therefore no deployment happens.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for Scheduled Comparisons

Like Monitoring Jobs, allow users to choose a source, target, and metadata filter, and schedule when a comparison runs.

The primary goal of this would be time savings. To have that data already retrieved and cached so you can go in, make your selections, and move toward deployment more quickly. Possible applications include recurring deployments, planning out your workday, etc. This addition would be for non-Integration users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow selecting of specific picklist values when deploying changes to picklist fields

Essentially would like to be able to cherry pick the values for a picklist value that is being deployed from a lower sandbox. Basically what you did with Precision Layout deployment for page layouts. There are times when we do not want to deploy all of the new/different values for a picklist field.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Azure Repositories, maintain owner when changing PR to gs-pipelines

When dealing with Azure Repository, the owner of the gs-pipeline PR is always the user used for authentication. Any way to include the original owner would be helpful since the messaging is lost this way

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow delegated users to edit environment variables

My user is setup on our CI and I have a number of environment variables setup on Custom Labels for ID's.

Whilst this works great the main issue is if I am Sick/On Holiday there is no way for someone else to go in and add/edit the environment variables thus making me a single point of failure/Reference.

What would be great would be either have Environment Variables setup at a CI level and delegated users have the ability to go in and edit/create new ones against the CI (This would ensure only those that know what they are doing are…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?