Help us improve Gearset

Welcome to the Gearset feedback forum. We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better.

Post your ideas and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you. We’re keen to hear about product improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike. We check this forum regularly and will keep ideas updated with their current status. If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Static Code Analysis for JavaScript Components

It would be great if Gearset could run static code analysis on JavaScript as well as Apex when deploying Lightning Components.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

Only display active branches when displaying branches from a bit bucket cloud repository

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unscramble order of <excludeButtons> tags in Layout metadata

Page Layouts use the <excludeButtons> element to indicate the presence or absence of standard buttons on a layout.

But this element appears in an arbitrary order when retrieved. Unlike other metadata which gets canonicalized by sorting alphabetically.

Gearset could sort these elements to avoid the random order causing random diffs to appear in metadata comparisons when in reality there is no difference.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow a method to set up default branches.

I frequently deploy from our on premises GitLab repo. It would be great to have the ability to set the default branch it goes to. It would be one less click for repetitive steps

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include a feature to connect between SonarQube and Gearset

I really love using Gearset. It would be great if we have a plugin in there to integrate Gearset and SonarQube to display Static Code Analysis and Test Coverage in Sonar. I had tried this through CircleCI and it requires lot of configuration and we need write code to create and maintain the connection.
    Whenever there is an update to the GIT Master it has to Initialize the Sonar Scanner and it'll run some tests and display results in SonarQube.
    Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suppress irrelevant Suggested Fixes when deploying to git

The problem analysis comes up with a number of Suggested Fixes which may make sense for improving Salesforce deployments, but which are unproductive when applied to git deployments.

For example, the suggestion to remove TASK.WHAT_NAME, or to omit Standard Objects, will only serve to create a git repo which is an inaccurate reflection of the source org. Each time we deploy to that git repo, we will continue to have the same changes to select or omit, since the repo is missing objects and fields from the source org.

When the deployment target is a git repo, all suggested fixes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to suppress managed custom fields in comparison results

When comparing Custom Objects that contain the managed custom fields there is no way to suppress the managed custom fields. The fields would show up in the comparison results even without being requested. The problem analyzers then highlights and remove these managed custom fields.

This is cumbersome when repeated and makes finding genuine differences we care about more difficult.

From the problem analyzers, it sounds like Gearset is able to identify the managed custom fields. Therefore could there be an option under [Include managed package] in the Custom Filters that allows the suppression of known managed fields in comparison results?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ignore Unlocked Package Metadata In Comparisons

Currently, metadata from Unlocked Packages show up when comparing against an org. This leads to duplication of metadata in source control repositories (correct DX package repository and incorrect monolithic, "happy-soup" repository).

Using the Package2Member Object (Tooling API), it is possible to deduce whether or not a metadata item is part of an unlocked package. Therefore, it should be possible to ignore some or all unlocked packages (or any Package2 package), in a similar fashion to the way Gearset filters allow inclusion or exclusion of managed packages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. test class not captured in deployment history

It would be nice to capture whatever test classes ran for code coverage deployment of classes/triggers in the deployment summary in the Test Results section. You already have a section for this test results so why not add the class names used in the report. We have come across many classes deployed without their appropriate test classes and it is hard tracking/documenting which test classes were used to deploy these as there are no documentations in the class.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allowing data deployments in CI jobs

Allowing data deployments in CI jobs. So that configurations in third party apps and B2B Commerce can be deployed as part of CI.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add default compare filter - Code changed by me today, changed by me last 7

A super common comparison done by a developer is to see only the Apex changes done by that developer today , or in the last x days

Since the last changed dates on Apex (VF, triggers, components) is super reliable whereas it is useless on Custom Field/Workflow), the suggestion applies only to Apex or code-type changes

Gearset would fetch only those code items changed in the last x days, then present in the difference viewer the changes pre-sorted in descending date order

This feature would eliminate multiple clicks just to deploy a handful of recently-made code changes in the comparison…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better pre-selection of repos & branches

My reasoning for the need:
    Every day when comparing, I have to choose one github repo out of 343 (46 of mine + 297 from an org I'm a part of). Yes I know I can type some characters and it will search the list of repos, but it's still unpractical. It sometimes looks like it remembers the choice, but I think it doesn't quite work after logout and I have to select the repo from the long list too often.

The bare minimum that would bring me pleasure:
    The last used repo I used for any comparison would always…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow option to select certain test classes to NOT run. Include an exclusion list of tests not to run

When deploying code, it would be nice to have an option of having an exclusion list of test classes to not run.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search for components within Profile should show results regardless of expansion of specific profiles

Use case on Difference Viewer:

search on `profilerecordtypevisibility' (or use metadata filter and check Profile: Record Type Visibility)

Results
    Unless the difference viewer already has the Profile(s) expanded for their components, you get no results

Desired behavior -- Search on components within Profile should show results; even if search takes longer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please, please, please get US FedRAMP approval.

The ability to use this product for CI/CD and various other use cases in the US federal space would be a huge win for many agencies. I know the FedRAMP process is quite arduous, but the contractual potential here is pretty massive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trust Site

Right now, Gearset is down and we cannot use it. It would be good to have a trust.gearset.com site that shows what is going on and what the team does to fix the issue...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring and reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When pushing Workflow rules and associated actions, gearset mistakenly says target objects do not exist

When pushing work flow rules and associated actions, if you do a compare with only workflow, then gearset prompts an error indicating that the target objects do not exist in the destination and that the rules should be removed from the package for the deployment to be successful. In this case, it told me Account, Event and Opportunity do not exist in the target. Including other metadata from the referenced fields resolves the issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restrict source orgs

For example, deployments to a production environment should only come from the master branch of our git repository

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allows admins to limit the available branches of a repository

When connecting a source code control system, quite often an integration user account is used that may also be used for other parts of the enterprise. Please allow admins to restrict the available repositories and branches so that users can only run comparisons for the branches they should actually have access to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Team and account management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Access to Jira custom fields

we have a custom field we use that ties to a release number. It would be great if as an additional option to selecting tickets, access this field, set the value (in this case our release number) and have gearset pull all related requests in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base