Skip to content

Help us improve Gearset

We love getting feedback from our users on how we can make Gearset even better. Post your ideas for improvements, new features, and bug fixes alike, and vote for others – let us know what’s important to you.

If you need any further support, please contact us at team@gearset.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. Activity Task Event field level security validation in Profile

Hi Gearset Team,

I would like to have a metadata validation for profile field level security involving Activity, Task, Event object as they are related to each other in Salesforce.

For example:
    If we do a retrieve for Activity, Task, Event object along with profile. In the profile metadata it would specify this:
    <fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Task.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

However, if there were to be a mistake in the profile metadata and we commit them in version control it is detected as a 'new item' in Compare and Deploy

<fieldPermissions>
    <editable>true</editable>
    <field>Activity.FieldX__c</field>
    <readable>true</readable>
    </fieldPermissions>

When we select this new changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enable Field Level Mapping for Data Deployments

Currently there is no field mapping option available for Data Deployment of Objects. This is a big blocker if we want to migrate selective fields data across Salesforce instances.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include Deployment Name on Continuous integration dashboard

On the Continuous integration dashboard, specifically in the Validation only CI jobs section, there is no way to associate a validation job with the deployment dashboard in Salesforce. We have a validation only job set up to run tests on PRs when they're created. If we get a handful of them all at once, there is a long list of validation jobs running, but we can't tell which one is the one that's actively running. There is no link between the job in gearset and the job in salesforce.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Gearset more responsive via web design

Currently when doing deployments I have realized when i migrate to a smaller screen that gearset isn't super responsive and sometimes i have to drag it back to my larger monitor. This was really highlighted when I was attempting to deploy some metadata from my phone (mac was updating).
    Please make gearset more responsive so I can deploy from my phone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Warn if source version is greater than the version of the target org.

Often, salesforce will deploy the latest API version to sandbox orgs before production orgs. Therefore it's easy to use API version 55 in your sandbox and then get a failure message when you try to deploy it to your production org which is at version 54. Unfortunately, you have to start to validate your deploy before you get this message. This could be a pre-deployment issue that you can notified right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Require a Deployment Friendly name

Add option to require a Deployment Friendly name, similar to the current settings to require deployment notes and Jira tickets

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Force-deploy Flow translations with no difference

At the root of this, the main problem is that if you create a new flow version through the SFDC flow editor interface, the flow will have a new version of the flow translations based on the previous translations.

But if you DEPLOY a flow, the new flow version is created WITHOUT flow translations at all.

This would be fine, if gearset would allow us to reliably deploy the flow WITH flow translations, even if the flow translations had "no changes". (Gearset does not allow us to deploy items with no change, and sometimes doesn't even show them in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a better error when "invalid or null picklist values" is thrown.

"invalid or null picklist values" is thrown and i have too many picklists to figure out which one is the issue. Please provide speicific fields that are causing errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data deployment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Time Column to the CI Deployment page

Due to recent latency issues regarding SF performance issues, I would like to quickly see how long each CI job takes without having to download an individual report for each job. This can either be solved by either:

1. Adding a field to the CI Deployment page so that I can compare each CI job

2. Allow me to extract a complete report of all of the CI jobs and open it in excel with the time column so that I can compare the values. I can currently do this from the Deployment history page, however this does not include the CI…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Introduce Import/Export feature for Custom Filters

Expose the underlying JSON/XML for Custom Filters so that we can export it, modify it in a text editor either by hand or with python scripts, then load it back into the custom filter.

For example I have my main CI filter with 50ish metadata types, and every other filter is a subset which I establish by cloning the "master" filter and deselecting metadata types. Whenever I make a change to the master filter I am forced to nuke all the the "detail" filters and recreate them off the master using the above approach.

So many clicks. My preference would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add RecordType support for PersonAccount

Problem analyzer is always trying to remove my picklist values from any RecordTypes on PersonAccount. I am forced to use a custom "Problem analyzer template" where "Remove picklists from record type" is disabled.

Suppose I have a field called pickme: Account.Pickme--pc | Contact.Pickme--c it shows up in the record type XML as Pickme--c, and it seems like gearset tries to find a picklist on account with that exact API name, which will of course fail. My ask is that rather than raising an error at this point, GS should repeat this check on the contact object where it would find…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Custom Filters a Top-Level Menu Item

Filters are arguably the best part of gearset, especially with the support for RegEx. It is kind of a bummer that they are tucked away in a modal that can only be reached by clicking into a dropdown. Ideally you could just go to Hamburger > Metadata Deployments > Custom Filters and be routed to a dedicated page.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show JIRA Title when selecting tickets to post to

As a release manager, when I go to select the JIRA tickets to associate to, I need to be able to see not just the ticket number, but also the Title to allow me to select the correct tickets without having to guess or consult another resource or use trial and error.

Currently there looks like this idea was implemented in Pipelines, but that interface is somewhat broken, and typing in the full number does not result in the ticket showing up, could use some love, but is the right idea for providing context.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Pipelines a Top-Level Menu Item

This is a less-good, but arguably easier to implement, version of my request for customizable landing pages. It takes a few clicks to get to pipelines and, since it's the place I live most often inside of Gearset these days, I'd love it if it was a menu option that is parallel to "Continuous Integration" so I could get there in fewer clicks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable source control as source/target in Data Deployments

It would be great if we could add source control as an option for Data Deployments, this will be useful in cases where we want to backup copies of CPQ record data which manage configurations to our source control repository.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data backup  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. extend the GearSet public API to include Data deployments between Sandboxes and Scratch Orgs

Allow triggering Data deployments via the public API to eliminate having to sync data manually. This also includes triggering creation of Scratch Orgs via the Gearset API so that Gearset can instantly recognize them them.

The workflow we would like to automate is: feature branch is checked out which triggers a CI/CD system pipeline to create a corresponding scratch org, do a metadata deployment from a test sandbox, and sync data from the same test sandbox. This allows us to create on-demand full copies of the environment for purposes of E2E testing (inc. external integrations) and feature development that requires…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support deployment of password and session policies via Gearset

According to the Salesforce developer link https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000349181&type=1

Password and Session policies include a numeric code which is equal to a epoc timestamp. This timestamp will be different in each org. In order for deployment to succeed, the timestamp code in the metadata name must match the target org. Since all orgs are different, there isn't an automatic way to do this.

Please create a feature in gearset that will automatically replace the timestamp numeric code with that of the target org so that we can use gearset to deploy password and sessions policies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide re-ordering in a Monitoring job

We have a monitoring job set up to check production changes. However, re-ordering in some components are popping up as false positive. For example, Entitlement Process and Site.com. Everyday I get an email saying # of changes have been made on production. I'd like to not see these false positives in the # so that I do not need to go to each comparison every day just to realize that it's a re-ordering issue.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Archiving and restore process

Data archiving for storing records that can be easily accessed when marked as archived at an off-premise location. A backup and restore would be overkill when there is a need to store only partial records or a combination of fields from records in different objects. Restoring to a new object that does not interfere with existing objects would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Data Deployment Template that supports complex rules

Looking to be able to setup a Data Deployment template that supports complex rules with record limits.
    For example...
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division A that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division B that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.
    - Select 100 accounts that have been modified recently that belong to division C that contain at least 1 contact, 1 opportunity and 1 activity.

Currently have to build 3 or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base